When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO: Gen vs Rep Comparison

hi

how does this compare to the quality of the MBW secs@9 version?

thanks

In what way? AP ROO Gen's have seconds that run @12 with the subdial slightly closer to center then the other sub dials. The same issue will exist with the crown and pushers being aligned to one another. The Gens crown is offset lower to the pushers. The secs @9 movement will be more reliable (as well as a dead give away to being fake) as moving the seconds to 12 puts additional strain on the movement that eventually causes it to fail requiring service.

Use the search function, there is a lot of great info around here. :drinks:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the Black Themes w rubber strap Sec@12 for 6 months already and agree it is very well made and rather close to the gen, despite differences in a few areas.

However, after looking at Sander's post on his Holy Grail!, now that is really something CLOSE to gen:-) imo

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The Real difference is Movement ! One is very good and the other not really... :-(

And a friend has a gen Off Shore and the Screws on the bezel are really better on the Real and the feeling not really same I found... The Thick, but you told that

But if you are not an expert, really hard to tell the difference

Ah yes a last point, the noise of movement...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Review, great watch!! who sells such goodies?

i'm new in rwg, but i'm looking for a really good AP chrono rep for a long time.. accurate in every detail..

movement should be ETA, sellita or comparable, watch should be water resistant, scratchproof etc.

i have read that king watches is able to supply ap roo with the correct pusher shape.. is conny the best for buying a ap roo?

which dealer do you prefer?

Great Review, great watch!! who sells such goodies?

i'm new in rwg, but i'm looking for a really good AP chrono rep for a long time.. accurate in every detail..

movement should be ETA, sellita or comparable, watch should be water resistant, scratchproof etc.

A Rubberclad with back dial seems to be a good start with AP.

i have read that king watches is able to supply ap roo with the correct pusher shape.. is conny the best for buying a ap roo?

which dealer do you prefer?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm looking into this watch as well.

Is this the same one from Angus?

http://www.puretime....n-rubber-strap/

or is there a better one out there?

Thanks

The one you mention is the Royal Oak Offshore Chronopassion V4, if you want the Chronopassion I advice you to take the V5 http://www.puretime.co/product/royal-oak-offshore-ultimate-chronopassion-v5-grey-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750/ but beware, the Chronopassion is a Titanium watch with bead blasted finish. It gets easily scratched and you can't get the scratches out because it's bead blasted.

If you want the watch that is in this review then you need the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Black Themes, which is this one: http://www.puretime.co/product/royal-oak-offshore-ultimate-edition-black-dial-on-bracelet-a7750/

You need to ask for the rubber band if you prefer that. I would advice not to go with the rep leather band as it is not of good quality. Also ask for the latest ultimate version with AR'ed cyclopse and updated datewheel.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The rubber band on the V3 Diver is brand new, the holes are larger to accomadate the larger buckle on the diver, so no it is not the same strap.

The steel bracelet is great quality for a rep bracelet, but in my opinion it still feels like a rep bracelet, compared to the watch itself I don't think it is of the same quality.

The gen bracelet I believe is a $3000 option so it is tough to match the quality with the sub $100 rep bracelet.

Well, imo the rep is a great bracelet compared to the gen... Gen is gen and differences are there but I would say that if you need a bracelet and you want it then go for it. I don't think the V3 diver straps are already available separately, I would like to get an extra strap as well. If you don't care if the strap is close to the gen, then buy a Diver V2 rubber strap, but I'm not a fan of them since they are plain wrong. Otherwise you should get the regular rubber strap with the clasp. Difference between gen and rep is that the gen is stiffer and a tiny tiny bit thicker (probably not even a mm). The clasp has holes on the side which the gen hasn't.

Strange you dislike the roo rubber for tiny differences yet like the rep bracelet

Hand the rubber to a gen owner and they likely would not suspect anything

Hand them the bracelet and they would suspect something is not right

The rubber rep straps may have differences bit are similar quality

To me the bracelet is inferior quality to the gen IMO

No offense meant, I appreciate all of your dedication to the ap reps

• 1 month later...

I've just joined this forum after finding out about it this month, and am loving all of the AP reps out there. This one's great, and I have my heart set out for an AP Diver as my first! Great comparison, it makes me want an AP even more....