When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Seawolf, SA, CE, Bentley 6.75, SOSF, Skyland

I am planning on purchasing a few Breitlings and wanted to get everyones input on the best colors of each model, the colors closest to gen. Please chime in with your opinions on which are closest to the gen!

(I am referring to the watches listed on PerfectClones just to be clear)

1. Seawolf (stainless bracelet)

2. Super Avenger(stainless bracelet)

3. Chronomat Evolution(stainless bracelet)

4. Bentley 6.75(stainless bracelet)

5. Super Ocean Steel Fish (Also, are the swiss and asian versions IDENTICAL in every way other than the movements)

6. Skyland V2(stainless bracelet)

I also want a Navitimer, and considering the Navitimer World GMT on SS, but what is everyones opinions on this model? I would also want a navitimer that is closest to gen, would this be one of them?

Edited by <OFFICINEPANERAI>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you ammandel, great pictures, yellow it is for the seawolf!

Rolexman---I read, and I search, Im not new to replicas but the typical response to any question similar to mine seems to always be "use the search function"

I did, and I posted this thread to ask the questions that I did, which is what a forum is for correct? :)

I have heard slate for the CE is closest, as to the others, I have no idea, as well as to the SOSF question which was not found from searching.

1. Seawolf (stainless bracelet) NO

2. Super Avenger(stainless bracelet) NO

3. Chronomat Evolution(stainless bracelet) YES, with V2 or V3 with updated datefont in graphite

4. Bentley 6.75(stainless bracelet) This one is a toss up. Fairly accurate, but date font is still too red even with updated maroon ink.

5. Super Ocean Steel Fish (Also, are the swiss and asian versions IDENTICAL in every way other than the movements) Yes, but make sure date font is good.

6. Skyland V2(stainless bracelet) Yes, very accurate

Navtimer Legends are the most accurate. GMT is not bad but main flaws are ruler that doesn't line up and recessed datewheel. The font on datewheel is incorrect also. Most of these also have no AR coating. You will need Chieftang's double AR, a Lello datewheel and it is fairly close. The datewheel will still be recessed and is a very hard fix. Francisco over at RG has a fix, but you need a machined ring to modify it.

Sfso

I thought the cheaper Asian one came with mineral vs

Sapphire for the Swiss?

Either way black or white most accurate

Bce

Black dial or graphite is most accurate

Yes, you're right about the sfso.

asian - mineral w/o AR

swiss - sapphire w/ AR

Super Avenger(stainless bracelet) - White v3 or the new white v2 is the most accuracte in color, but i would recommend a gen dial swap and a gen pro2... Post these 2 mods its a 95% gen right there...

Skyland V2(stainless bracelet) - Why not the V3 from Peter? I had the black and grey and both are quite accurate...

In regards of the Skyland go for the V2. It's more accurate.

The V3 is also nice and a bit cheaper as well.

Decide yourself.

I don't know if I would say one is more accurate than the other. They each have their flaws...but IMHO they are all so minor they generally require magnification and/or side-by-side comparison to see the differences that either one is good to go (e.g. V3 has better bezel font, but V2 has better positioning of the printing, "B" stamping vs. engraving that can't be seen without a lupe given the letter is about 1mm in size and in a location that nobody would even know it was there except a Breitling afficionado).

Hi there Toad :)

I know you love your V3, and I don't want to say anything bad about it :D

But although the font is more crisp, it's a bit too thick, and the numbers are further from the edge of the bezel than the gen/V2.

The caseback is definetely better on the V3, it's 99% perfect (I'd say 100%, but no rep is 100 as we know... :D )

I posted this in another thread:

"

Here's the pic. The 'tells' are:

-Pearl should be smaller and sunken into the bezel

-Numerals on the bezel should go more towards the edge of the bezel

-Numeral '1' on the bezel is stamped with wrong font

-Pushers are too long

Now here's the pic:

evoskyland.jpg

"

PS: don't look at the dial...

Here's the link to the topic:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=99712

Yodap, you REALLY need to find a girl dude!!! lol

Nice wee side by side by the way, good work. NOW GO FIND A GIRL!!!

Sixx :bones:

lol, I don't spend too much time with that, I can have any girl I want, no big deal here :p

I love this quote, but forgot who wrote it, I'm sorry:

"girls can be replaced easily, good watches are hard to find"

or something like that :D

Greetz.

1. Seawolf (stainless bracelet) NO

2. Super Avenger(stainless bracelet) NO

3. Chronomat Evolution(stainless bracelet) YES, with V2 or V3 with updated datefont in graphite

4. Bentley 6.75(stainless bracelet) This one is a toss up. Fairly accurate, but date font is still too red even with updated maroon ink.

5. Super Ocean Steel Fish (Also, are the swiss and asian versions IDENTICAL in every way other than the movements) Yes, but make sure date font is good.

6. Skyland V2(stainless bracelet) Yes, very accurate

Navtimer Legends are the most accurate. GMT is not bad but main flaws are ruler that doesn't line up and recessed datewheel. The font on datewheel is incorrect also. Most of these also have no AR coating. You will need Chieftang's double AR, a Lello datewheel and it is fairly close. The datewheel will still be recessed and is a very hard fix. Francisco over at RG has a fix, but you need a machined ring to modify it.

Sfso

I thought the cheaper Asian one came with mineral vs

Sapphire for the Swiss?

Either way black or white most accurate

Bce

Black dial or graphite is most accurate

Super Avenger(stainless bracelet) - White v3 or the new white v2 is the most accuracte in color, but i would recommend a gen dial swap and a gen pro2... Post these 2 mods its a 95% gen right there...

Skyland V2(stainless bracelet) - Why not the V3 from Peter? I had the black and grey and both are quite accurate...

In regards of the Skyland go for the V2. It's more accurate.

The V3 is also nice and a bit cheaper as well.

Decide yourself.

Greetz.

Thank you guys for all of your help and input, as for the first response with "no" "yes", I am buying these regardless, so I dont necessarily need to know if you would or not, I just need to know which color dial of each model I listed is the closest to gen color :)

The v2-v3 also helps, I appreciate all of that, I like the navi world so much better than the legends, I will do that and have cheif ar work done.

lol, I don't spend too much time with that, I can have any girl I want, no big deal here :p

I love this quote, but forgot who wrote it, I'm sorry:

"girls can be replaced easily, good watches are hard to find"

or something like that :D

Greetz.

Lol, nice. It was Narikaa that said "girlfriends come and go but good reps are hard to find!!"

Spend more time getting those girls dude!! ;)

Sixx :bones:

Yodap is the "master" of all Breitling knowledge. I could print his posts and keep in a reference book and I still would not remember all of it.

Here is what I have purchased:

Chronomat EVO v3 - White Arabic Numerals on Leather, but there are a million versions and color combos. Pick one you like

Chronomat EVO v3 - Black Batons on Leather, same as above

Skyland V3 Blue Dial on Stainless Bracelet - Dressy and sporty

Bently GT Racing -Maroon Face on Stainless Bracelet - again, many combos, pick one you like

Super Avenger White Dial Arabic Numerals - I just bought the gen, but you can get the rep, mod w/ a gen dial and get a gen bracelet and its as close to the gen as you can get for about a 1/3 -1/2 of the price.

SOH Blue or Brown on Mesh Bracelet - again, dressy and sporty at the same time. I own the gen Blue and the rep Brown

I also like the Chrono EVO TT w/ roman numerals on Josh's site. Comes in White, Black, Blue and Brown dials on stainless.

Never bought a SOSF, too plain for me, but I like the orange and the yellow dials.

Yodap is the "master" of all Breitling knowledge. I could print his posts and keep in a reference book and I still would not remember all of it.

Here is what I have purchased:

Chronomat EVO v3 - White Arabic Numerals on Leather, but there are a million versions and color combos. Pick one you like

Chronomat EVO v3 - Black Batons on Leather, same as above

Skyland V3 Blue Dial on Stainless Bracelet - Dressy and sporty

Bently GT Racing -Maroon Face on Stainless Bracelet - again, many combos, pick one you like

Super Avenger White Dial Arabic Numerals - I just bought the gen, but you can get the rep, mod w/ a gen dial and get a gen bracelet and its as close to the gen as you can get for about a 1/3 -1/2 of the price.

SOH Blue or Brown on Mesh Bracelet - again, dressy and sporty at the same time. I own the gen Blue and the rep Brown

I also like the Chrono EVO TT w/ roman numerals on Josh's site. Comes in White, Black, Blue and Brown dials on stainless.

Never bought a SOSF, too plain for me, but I like the orange and the yellow dials.

I know quite a lot about Breitling, but wouldn't say I'm a master - yet. :)

I still have to learn a lot, as all of us do!

Your watches are great choices, I'd have gone for the V2 Skyland though.

Thanks for your comment!

Greetz.

Skyland V2 has a better case back. Better than V1 & V3 (same case). Logo on V2 is more embossed. Also the other engravings like type and serial# are better and more accurate on the V2. I did a review of both V1 and V2 (as I owned both) but I think the photos don't work anymore. I'll try if I can repost them later. Eventually I took the V2 case, V3 dial (whole lume dot at 3), V2 end-links (V1 & 3 don't have serial# on the end-links) and v1 bracelet because the finishing of the screws, clasp and fold was more superior. Voila, an almost perfect rep recipe ;)

Who has the best car?

Mercedes

BMW

Porsche

Audi

Yes I have done my research but after supposed extensive reseach, somehow my brain cannot come up with any conclusions. Please help me choose and list your opinions on all maker's models too...... Sound familiar?

What's the next question, Rolex?

It puzzles me that after "searching" for the watches you're after, you still cannot conclude to a "best rep". Ironic how everyone else that have chimed in seemed to have figured it out...........