When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Collection

Pugwash

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness, that is a beautifull collection and again great pictures as usual.

But I see a problem here Pug :whistling:

No I'm serious:

The IWC GST chrono that I'm trying to stay away from .... YOU MADE ME WANT IT TOO !

:bicycle:

Congratulations for this huge collection,

Cheers

Stephane

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
They're faux chronos and they read day and month instead of stopwatch features.

Narikaa has had these in stock several times.

Thx Pug.

Working then. That's acceptable for me. What I don't want (any more) is the real dummy dial, the one that shows digits from 4 to 9 and only work when you press the chrono pushers, as my (first and sold since that time) Montblanc Star.

For the IWC Portuguese, I'm of the same opinion as Vric. Why don't they try a quartz version ?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Pugwash post your Superocean and tell me about it ( im pm if you want to ) i need to know about it your pic convince me to get one ! its modded ? what's up with it !

GOD !

!BUMP!

Yeah, I need to update this post with these four:

295338-2219.jpg

295338-2220.jpg

295338-2221.jpg

295338-2222.jpg

My Noobmariner LV is unmoded, straight from TTK.

My Steelfish is unmodded, straight from Precious Time.

My SS Chrono Avenger is unmodded from TWP.

My IWC 3717 is modded (ETA day/date) but originally from Precious Time.

For more info on my Steelfish, see By-Tor's Breitling Guide.

• 3 months later...

IWC Portuguese Chrono from Silix Prime.

I bought it twp months ago and its stops running at "35" seconds.

After some tapping it start running again but after a few minutes it stops again.

When it is on the table it stops after a few also.

Can someone advice me what to do or to whome to send the watch to for some expertise?

Pls respond

Ruud Kuiper

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 02-01-2008

Latest Update

Earlier in 2007, I ordered a Rolex Submariner LV from TTK. I don't wear it much, but feel happier it's in my collection.

lv-01-640.jpg

The Breitling Superocean Steelfish was the watch that spawned the discussion in which Joshua used my name ("Dun be a Pug") as an insult, and when Precious Time was the first non-Cartel dealer to stock it, breaking their alleged exclusivity, it was a must-have.

steelfish-17-640.jpg

steelfish-14-640.jpg

I won second-place a raffle organised by TWP and the prize I won was a Quartz watch, so he offered me its value in part-exchange against something I would actually enjoy and wear. This Breitling Chrono Avenger was on special offer and, even though it is a fantasy model in steel, I liked it enough to willingly order it. It's since had K2222 do the AR coating on the sapphire and I've changed the steel bracelet for a dark brown Breitling deployant from Precious Time, to take it up a notch and add some class.

chrono-avenger-07-640.jpg

chrono-avenger-01.jpg

The IWC 3717 Flieger Chrono is a classic design and is a very well-made watch. Precious Time supplied the watch and Cousins supplied the ETA day and datewheels.

eta-wheels%20-%2056.jpg

3717-640-01.jpg

I've been waiting a year for the IWC 3719 Aquatimer Chrono replica. Once again, I got this one from Precious Time in the UK. Stunning watch and one that will most likely stay in rotation for a while.

3719-06-640.jpg

3719-01-640.jpg

• 3 months later...

The Subs on the canvas are inspirational for how different a watch can look with a strap change. I think I might have to plagiarize that look. :D Great collection. I also have that fantasy GMTII, and I totally agree that Rolex should have gone with that design!

• 5 weeks later...

For those of you keeping score at home, this is my current collection.

These are my two boxes. Yes, there's a third, with less interesting pieces in it (like the gaytona ...) but these are the primary and secondary.

This watchbox is the primary box. Normally, this is where I decide what to wear.

watchbox-02.jpg

This is the secondary box. The less-worn stuff lives here. Yes, there's a watch missing. It's my SFSO that would normally take the place of the 1665 in the primary box, but Mrs Pugwash's dad has nicked it. :)

watchbox-01.jpg

Sometimes watches migrate from one box to another. It's amusing to try to track the migratory patterns, but ultimately it's a futile exercise.

For those of you keeping score at home, this is my current collection.

These are my two boxes. Yes, there's a third, with less interesting pieces in it (like the gaytona ...) but these are the primary and secondary.

This watchbox is the primary box. Normally, this is where I decide what to wear.

watchbox-02.jpg

This is the secondary box. The less-worn stuff lives here. Yes, there's a watch missing. It's my SFSO that would normally take the place of the 1665 in the primary box, but Mrs Pugwash's dad has nicked it. :)

watchbox-01.jpg

Sometimes watches migrate from one box to another. It's amusing to try to track the migratory patterns, but ultimately it's a futile exercise.

Where did you get the actual boxes ?

I want to get myself a winder or a box but the large winders are expensive and shipping costs are way too high !

Chaotik