When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building the Ultimate 4th Gen 42mm PO: Completion

Wow, great looking watch. Where were you able to source the date wheels? I'm in the middle of a franken 42 PO project myself and I've been told the rep datewheel isn't lining up with the gen dial, but I've been unable to find a replacement. Can you point me in a direction please?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I never thought I'd say it but after seeing the bezel on your watch I've got to get one for mine. I always kept fooling around with the pearl but this does it. I've got the rest but just didn't want to spend the last $$.

Jim

You really should go for the gen bezel/insert buddy! :D

Ubi, that is a fantastic work of art! :notworthy:

Jim- The bezel is the icing on the cake. If you've got everything else done, the bezel will finish it off.

ironmarshal- Hit up the usual 3 supply houses if you're in the U.S. If you're in the U.K. give cousins a try.

Cheers,

R

Who's the 3 US supply houses?

Fantastic work indeed Ubi!

As usual :D

The PO is a beautifulll watch and deserves your attention.

I'm sure you will be even happier with the AR.

It made a huge difference when I got mine done.

Now, what am I suppose to do ...continue to mod mine or go gen :huh:

Wear it well.

All the best

Stephane

I hate you, no, just kidding, wonderful work as usual Ubi. Im just struggling getting anything done in the hobby right now. Hopefully I can get into more projects when money is not so tight. How is the rep crown and tube on this one? Many POs' experienced these parts stripping out in short order. A gen crown and tube, when you get to it, will be an important upgrade.

Enjoy that Omega!!!!

Cheers B)

southcoast-

The crown is holding steady for now. It's not a great crown/tube set up (as the rep parts are not phenominal), but for now it will do :lol: As soon as it gives up, I'll be swapping out to gen.

vly-

Projects come and go... We'll see how long this one lasts in the watchbox... So far, so good, but one can never say for sure...

Hahaha....looks like there's going to be a PO couple in your collections, like your Daytona couple.

:g:

Thinking about it... I should have maybe picked up the dial with the orange markers instead. Then I could have picked up a second bezel in orange and just swap the bezels back and forth. Instant model change without having to buy a second watch.

Ubi-

Watch looks great. I may have to give-in and add a few parts to my big guy. I think it is time to sick R on that movement. If he can handle Unitas.... :lol:

Thanks, buddy. I forget- Which do you have? The uPO?

Love the Seamaster 300 mate, fantastic looking watch woo! Going to get it done up by bienne?

The PO looks good too! You've really made me want to get some watches just to open them up and mod them! If you replace your crystal or get it AR'd, dont forget to update the thread :D