When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you shave?

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

At the risk of NecroPosting:

Proraso cream or Tabac soap are my preference.

H.L. Thater badger brush (Yes, Badger is worth it. Check Amazon for the Tweezerman brush... a steal at under 13$... Not silvertip, but still nice)

Strop: Straight Razor Designs Premium IV English Bridle Strop (Long).

Razors: Straights. Haven't touched a disposable in years. Don't plan on it again anytime soon.

Current rotation:

Wade and Butcher 8/8 "For Barbers Use" Wedge

Wade and Butcher 8/8 "For Barbers Use" Near-wedge

Wade and Butcher 7/8 "for Barbers use" Half-hollow/barbers notch

J.R. Torrey... multiple from 5/8 to 6/8... half too full hollow, mostly Square points, some barber notches (Seriously under-rated American steel)

Gold Dollar 6/8 full-hollow round nose as reground by RupRazor (Turned a hunk of crap blade into a wonderful shaver...)

Which blade I choose depends on how much growth I have on the face to remove and how I feel. My favorite blade is the 8/8 Wade and Butcher Near-Wedge... baby butt smooth in one pass with minor touch ups.

Check out the "straight razor place" and "badger and blade" websites for more info shaving like you mean it.

At the risk of NecroPosting:

Proraso cream or Tabac soap are my preference.

H.L. Thater badger brush (Yes, Badger is worth it. Check Amazon for the Tweezerman brush... a steal at under 13$... Not silvertip, but still nice)

Strop: Straight Razor Designs Premium IV English Bridle Strop (Long).

Razors: Straights. Haven't touched a disposable in years. Don't plan on it again anytime soon.

Current rotation:

Wade and Butcher 8/8 "For Barbers Use" Wedge

Wade and Butcher 8/8 "For Barbers Use" Near-wedge

Wade and Butcher 7/8 "for Barbers use" Half-hollow/barbers notch

J.R. Torrey... multiple from 5/8 to 6/8... half too full hollow, mostly Square points, some barber notches (Seriously under-rated American steel)

Gold Dollar 6/8 full-hollow round nose as reground by RupRazor (Turned a hunk of crap blade into a wonderful shaver...)

Which blade I choose depends on how much growth I have on the face to remove and how I feel. My favorite blade is the 8/8 Wade and Butcher Near-Wedge... baby butt smooth in one pass with minor touch ups.

Check out the "straight razor place" and "badger and blade" websites for more info shaving like you mean it.

Great info, just bought a tweezerman brush off the 'Bay :)

I use a Phillips GorillaGroom with optional BackScratcher attachment, and the Gilette SmoothBaller Excel. And a live badger.

Another GorillaGroom-and-badger afficionado, P-GG are well recommended for all but the most delicate regions. There, ensure ones badger is well sedated to avoid unpleasantries.

:winkiss:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

what's that? a snail dinosaur?

I shave with a straight Razor. thiers issard, take no substitute.

I've been exploring wet shaving after an 8-year hiatus from shaving (have used an edging trimmer on my face and a persistent 5pm shadow)

Straight razor shaving... Hmmm... How's all the honing and stropping though? I'm looking at the Feather Artist Club ones with the removable blades, that looks like a winner.

Got me some Taylor's sandalwood shaving soap, and Oh My God that stuff is unbelievable... Highly recommended for all wet shavers.

• 6 months later...

First I strap on my shaving boots, hoist myself to the ceiling where My boots are locked into place, then wait a moment for the gravity effect of beeing upside down stabilizes, at

which my shaving cream is applied, my trusty Schick 5 blade electric razor makes several clean sweeps to allow my face to be smooth like a babies bottom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For a guy who's read this thread and has great interest in getting setup for single blade shaving, what product do you recommend for the razor, and where to buy from?

Razor?

- type

- from

Blades?

- type

- from

Badger brush?

- type

- from

Cream?

- i assume: http://www.anthony.com/store/product/shave-cream/