When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watcwinders

p-lund

hi ! i wonder if there is anyone ho knows about watchwinders(where i can buy one with good price/quality-ratio. i also wonder how to wind ETA, asian autos, and 7750:s, so they will work properly. i have read that different brands requires different windingmodes(clockwise, counterclockwise or both). hope for the best.

• 4 weeks later...

To Google "watch winders" Is the best way to find good deals on winders. Try "World of watches. They had some wolf winders about a week ago that were from around $100.00(two slot)and up. I have also seen some very good deals on the Bay, good luck and happy hunting :victory: Mike

FYI, the "Fuzzy Logic" AceTime winders while great for gen's, and ETA 28xx movements, will fail to keep A7750's and other one way movements wound. Even at their highest setting of 1000 TPD you are only getting half of that in one direction.

7750s and many other one way movements need around 650 TPD.

Still love my AceTimer, but FYI...

Care to share pics of these home made wonders?

I am making my own winders (case) using the DIY Module from Orbita (this is why I did not comment on Cost vs. quality as I do not have anything to compare to except the winding mechanism.) You can also use the Sparta modules from their open face winders and convert to the DYI for $10ea. buy purchasing the "housing" from Orbita. Surprisingly to me, Orbita has been very cooperative in helping me out.

Going for this look out but using hard maple with purple heart inlays.

Avanti12%20Burl.jpg

I will post pics when I have it completed.