When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Breitling For A Small Wrist

Mercury

hey,

my wrists are also kind of small for a breit, but i love them and wear them!

i currently own a a7750 auto Bentley GT (racing edition) and a manual wind Chrono-Matic, used to have a Bentley 48mm which i have to a friend later :)

and as some have already said, which i also agree - these watches are meant to be worn 'big'.

wear them well my friends ;)

Mike, HERE you have the link for the review I wrote some time ago about my Colt.

Morlock, excellent review and excellent choice for your wrist size. As I mentioned before, those colt does look very balanced on your wrist. It looks big, without being big. I agree with you that the SOSF would be pushing it. To answer your question about the 10-20-30....100 on the dial. This is used to measure a minute in 1/100th of a unit. Useful for conversions. :drinks:

I've got very small wrists (especially for my height.. I'm over 6'3" (193cm)). My wrists are 6.25in (15.75cm) and all of my watches are over 40 inches. I agree with most people in that the colt is a good choice. I would highly reccomend the SOSF, but maybe you'd prefer something a little more understated. Here's a couple of pics of my SOSF.. (which by the way will be up for sale in a couple of weeks!)

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

sorry if these pics are played out.. they're my favs of this watch.. hopefully no one's sick of the rubik's cube

• 2 months later...

Not to bring back on old topic but I never got that Breitling and I regret it. I wear a 45mm Tag Heuer SLR and it wears nicely and it has a rubber strap. What would look better for me, the Bracelet or the Breitling strap? I heard that straps make large watches look smaller but I don't know for sure.

I would say 6.5 or 6.75, I haven't measured and I in the bathroom right now so no measuring tape. :D . I am looking at either the white or graphite BCE from Eurotimez or PT.

Okay how many square of toilet paper span your wrist? :rofl:

The white dial is going to look bigger. Even bigger so, on the bracelet as the BCE is polished. A leather strap might be a little uncomfortable until it breaks in as it will not want to wrap your wrist. The straps do look and feel smaller as they tapper down from 22mm to 20mm on the BCE. So if you want to go for the smallest possible look and feel, Graphite Dial with strap.

Better yet, just get both (Bracelet and Strap) and switch depending on your mood, dress, etc.

Hope this helps. :drinks:

Well, if I want to eat and pay for gas, chances are both would seriously hurt that ability. I am debating between the graphite and a few Rolex GMT's. The Rolex's are simpler and easier to wear but the Breitling has that certain something that makes it unique. Thanks for the help Bike Mike.

Well, if I want to eat and pay for gas, chances are both would seriously hurt that ability. I am debating between the graphite and a few Rolex GMT's. The Rolex's are simpler and easier to wear but the Breitling has that certain something that makes it unique. Thanks for the help Bike Mike.

LOL! Sorry I meant buy the BCE with a bracelet and get a strap, not get both dial color of BCE's. I did not mean to prevent you from eating. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am biased..... :whistling: BREITLING!

Lol, the Rolex boys say buy Rolex, gotta love it. The only issue is a watch that thick and big might not be worn everyday, I love them and all, but does it go with everything.

BCE's go well for dress as well as with a pair of jeans and t-shirt. More dress with a leather or croc strap, then the bracelet, but the Pilot bracelet is pure class IMO.

Last question, there is a BCE for sale on the forums and it is black dialed, are these as accurate as graphite? It is under BCE in the sales forum.

That I could not tell you. I am the wrong guy for that knowledge. I do not find myself getting tied up in the minor inaccuracies or changes between the versions. If I like the piece I will get it, if I really like it and worry about the accuracy I buy the Gen.

Andreww or HackR might be able to better comment. :good: