When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Milgauss 116400 GV Green Sapphire

Hi Lani,

Can the movement be swapped out for an ETA 2824/2836? How is its anti-magnetic capability?

Thank you very much!

Cougaree

I don't know or am not qualified to put a definitive on the eta swap,, dunno if the crown would line up ? However I don't see why not... but why not just run this .. if there are no issues what is the sense of spending more $$ if the movement it comes with keeps good time ???.. I don;t always swap my A7750's to eta.. for me if it keeps good time I'll run it until such time as I "need" to do the swap..

Just don't go near any MRI equipment or strong X-ray devices :lol: Jus the pounding sound of the MRI magnet is enough to break your movement.. :p

dluddy

Posted Today, 02:55 PM

I've been admiring this one for some time but your pics just put this one on the might have to get list Lani Posted Image

this is the one to get dl...... the polish on this is amazing.. the threading on both case backs is very well done.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:.. needless to say the green AR is spectacular.. today in the sunlight it was quite entertaining... :D

AC

Lani

hey lani, have you had an ETA version of this watch before?

i ordered mine before this ("A3131") one was out.. dry.gif and was wondering if there is any substantial differences..

that has yet to be determined astro.. we all have the eta's in our other reps.. no surprise that they run well.. especially when serviced up North.. we'll see how this hold up with prolonged use.. only time will tell..

AC

Lani

I think that crystal on this watch is not sapphire. At least it is not on mine. I have asian ETA version. I scratch crystal pretty badly after 2 days and now watch is going back to the dealer...

Try a water drop test and let us know please.

As much as this watch is a stunner (I owned one for a short period) and as cool as the AR is, I believe the genuine crystal looks completely different.

Is there AR on the genuine? I know when you look at the genuine crystal from the side (the beveled edge above the watch bezel) it is close to the color of a Coke bottle, more like jade. When you look at this crystal from the side it is clear, as the color comes from the AR.

I still love the "pop and cool" of this watch and it's a wonderful design; great pics as always Lani! I think the non-GV black dial version is the better bet for accuracy and I really love the idea of this watch on a strap...the only Rolex (other than a 5517!) that to me looks "right" on a strap.

Dunno Cronsel this new version looks pretty good compared to the genuine to my eyes :)

Lani, I think it looks great too! I just didn't like that the edge of the crystal on the rep is clear when looked at from the edge...in other words, the crystal itself is not green as it is on the genuine, it's just coated green. It's a great rep, well worth the cost, and I don't mean to knock it...just sharing my neurosis with the community!

Besides, if the genuine Milgauss doesn't come with AR, it should with a dial like that!

Hey...it's this community's fault I notice anything like this to begin with, so cheers to RWG! :drinks:

sorry lani, what i meant to ask was that.. is the "sheen" on the bracelets better than the ETA version?

and if the A3131 version IS better.. is it possible to polish and/or brush the eta bracelet into a better quality...?

I took some aluminum mag polish to it last night.. it improved the "sheen" on the bracelet.. I'll take some pics

the movement is still keeping spot on time with my gens. and my Ziggy serviced ETA's... nice to wake up this am and see the identical time on all watches..

but to comment on if it's "better" is beyond my knowledge .. I'll just have to leave that to the pro's or "pro".. the sweep hand sweeps very nicely though..

give me time to upload more pics..although the camera never pics up the identical image..I'll take some now..

AC

Lani

maybe too much light ... but it has made a difference after polishing with aluminum mag paste.. I didn't use my cape cod.. .. I would imagine better results.. I need gloves to use CC.. it causes a rash on my skin.. if you do use it on your bracelet (CC) make sure you wash it with warm water and dish soap after.. some nasty rashes have occured due to the petroleum distillates .. I talked to their R&D department a couple of years ago and they told me they use (can't remember the name) but it has irritants)

milgauss002.jpg

milgauss005.jpg

I have been to rolex AD this week and held gen Milgauss GV in hand and crystal indeed appears very different but acctually rep one is nicer. It is greener a lot...

Very nice watch all in all. Thick, bold and very classy at the same time. I will probably get black version since it seems that green ones have mineral glass instead of sapphire. Although I am waiting dealer to check wheather all GV Milgauss are like this or it is just mine.

• 2 months later...

I have been to rolex AD this week and held gen Milgauss GV in hand and crystal indeed appears very different but acctually rep one is nicer. It is greener a lot...

Very nice watch all in all. Thick, bold and very classy at the same time. I will probably get black version since it seems that green ones have mineral glass instead of sapphire. Although I am waiting dealer to check wheather all GV Milgauss are like this or it is just mine.

Hi Nite, did you ever get an answer to this, I really like the watch but I would be devastated if I got one only for it to scratch so easily.

Update:

the rep 3131 Asian movement is still spot on with my genuine Rolex's and my The Zigmeister serviced ETA's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

correct time is what count.. the cosmetics not withstanding...

AC

Lani

Hi Lanikai, at the start of your review you mentioned that this Milgauss replica has some flaws could you let me know what they are?

Also does your Milgauss have the micro etched tiny coronet (Rolex crown) at the 6 o

@noneone:

I have the ETA-2836-2 version from Josh, and am absolutely thrilled with it. It has VERY few flaws.

Many people are concerned that the crystal is not sapphire. The water drop test DOES NOT WORK on this crystal. I will put my money on the fact that it IS sapphire, merely that whatever treatment has been applied to the crystal changes the cohesive forces of the material. Mineral crystal normally sounds different to sapphire if you tap on it...

SO while the green crystal is not EXACTLY like the gen's (which even ROLEX battled to manufacture) it is truly stunning. I don't know if the AR treatment is on both sides, but it works well. The only thing I don't like about the crystal is that it picks up smudges really easily. I keep having to clean it!!

The gen DOES NOT have a micro-etched crown - the ONLY Rolex not to have one. So the rep crystals are correct in NOT having the etching! Note this technical sheet on the gen:

millprint.jpg

Also, my ETA movement runs within COSC specs, which is great! If there was ONE flaw to fix, it would be the rehaut engraving. Other than that, it is practically perfect. (for a rep, that is!)

@lanikai:

Thank you for this EXCELLENT pictorial - it's the reason I ordered this rep!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by JayKay8901

Hi JayKay8901,

Thank you for your positive response, I really appreciate the help I am getting on this forum.

Can I ask why you went for the ETA movement over the Asian 3131 that lanikai has?

I am a noob in this area, so I may be getting confused and I do not want to challenge your statement. So I will back up what I say: -

If you look back at the first post in this thread by lanikai specifically the second picture in the post, which shows the Genuine Milgauss 116400 GV you can clearly make out the micro etched tiny coronet (Rolex crown) at the 6 o

My replica has an etched one. The genuine ones I have seen do not have etched crowns. Mine has been worn quite a bit and doesn't have any scratches. I wil lpost up some photos of it this weekend.

Doesn't have any scratches on the crystal... the band is pretty scuffed up. I to lots of typing and moving around of computers in my job.

I still have to get a good one of the etching... I think my version is one of the older ones because it doesn't have the blue lume at 3, 6, 9 like some others.

I guess this one also shows the crown in it. Here is the original version

4278821717_b776a2ec0c.jpg

Actually if you look at the original version of this image you can see it over the 30... use this link

4279566856_d668c42c7e.jpg

4279566976_180e091749.jpg

4278821905_8bf9c90408.jpg

I have the cheapest version, originally fitted with a DG2813. I replaced this with a DG4813 and removed the date mechanism.

It is a stunning watch and I have regulated it to within +1 second/24 hours.

The case and bracelet are very well made and the dial lume is pretty good.

I am considering buying one with either an Asian 3135 or a Swiss 2824 as they are much better movements than the DG series.

Cheers,

Ian