When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica - Genuine Sea-dweller Comparison

cheepoguy

Here is the comparison review I promised.

I have taken a genuine Rolex Sea-Dweller and a high end replica and compared them to show the differences. I hope that this will be a guide to those who are thinking of buying a second hand SD and show you what to look for to ensure you are getting the genuine article.

http://petemillar.com/rolex/rolex.htm

Pete

Very nice review, however I hasten to add that MBW make the only decent rep of the SD and they have been using the Correct size case for some time now.

Very nice review and very diplomatic in it's approach, well written and I commend you for taking the time to do so.

Kudos.

Wow although I have a Sub rep I must say that is the best "visual" with excellent descriptors of what your looking for in comparison I have seen. I also can say I am amazed at my Sub and how close it really is after all, not many things other than the extra beveled bottom edge on the gen and a couple other extremley minor things. Overall pretty dam amazing how they do it with these reps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Guys. Glad it was of interest. I keep hearing about the MWB reps, but have never seen any for sale. Does the SD version also have the correc t Bezel, if so then it will be the hottest thing on the street.

What's the word on the vintage SD reps? How do they stack up?

Cheepo

there is only one correct SD rep (from the case-dimensions)

- the vintage SD that watchmaster or any MBW - Dealer sells ...

shame - i really want a modern SD -_-