When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones

Awesome review

Thank you!

Thought I was all set with my modded v3 now I am rethinking that

Don't feel to badly RT ... my V3 was also modded.. blue lume etc. .. I can always raffle it now.. :whistling:

or do something totally outta line like sell it.. but that would negate another raffle.. :lol:

AC/L

I've edited my initial comment on the height of the crystal, the V3 looked lower due to the insert height.. the newest version crystal appears to be the correct height due to the insert riding lower on the bezel

the gen

0295.jpg

the rep

dssdreview058.jpg

dssdreview057.jpg

I'll take pics of the V3 next to this version to compare.. but a very nice fix although the "10" is still incorrect.. this insert raises the crystal.

AC/L

Thanks P4..

what appears to be missing paint is an illusion..the lighting and angle.. it's there to the naked eye.

AC/L

I thought I was losing my mind. Just looked like it in some pics, this one had me :g:

dssdreview072.jpg

Glad to know its passed the test R. Beautiful 28lb watch you have there. :lol:

There have been so many versions of this watch - it does my head in.

I had for a few weeks a Vac modded DSSD V5 from Eurotimez.

I actually really liked the watch and with Vac's mods (mostly relume, bezel painting and bracelet oiling).

The reason I didn't keep it thought was because the crystal is so badly distorted on the V5.

I read the review a little quickly but how do you find the crystal on this... V6??... The pics show it to be fine.

Thanks in advance Lankai.

There have been so many versions of this watch - it does my head in.

I had for a few weeks a Vac modded DSSD V5 from Eurotimez.

I actually really liked the watch and with Vac's mods (mostly relume, bezel painting and bracelet oiling).

The reason I didn't keep it thought was because the crystal is so badly distorted on the V5.

I read the review a little quickly but how do you find the crystal on this... V6??... The pics show it to be fine.

Thanks in advance Lankai.

are you talking about the light distortion ?? the genuine Rolex has the same properties.. no AR.. or are you referring to the mag effect with the thick crystal??

I used a macro lens for the pics.. manual focus.. and at that close range focusing is challenging.. I will take pics of the height difference today with a normal lens.. for more clarity of the crysatl, since focusing on a transparent piece of the watch has it's draw backs with a macro... auto focus does not work with these close ups.. the camera gets confused as to what to focus on with the metal reflecting light.

Samurai Icon

Posted Today, 04:54 AM

Wow Lani....this is a brilliant review and wonderful pics as ususal. Seems like I may have to get rid of my DSSD and get this version.

I did take the liberty of posting the link for this review (and also the 316F) over @ rwg on a DSSD thread.

Cheers

you must mean one of the other fora's Samu :lol: .. it would be funny if you posted it here in another DSSD thread..

AC/Lani

Lani,

This has been a fabulous review series and the most fun I have had reading on the forum for quite some time. It is engaging, enlightening and selfless.

Thanks for taking all of the time to take the great pictures and answer all those questions that sit in the minds of us amateurs.

I have been on the fence on this watch for a long time, waiting for the right time to take a chance. All the hype around the other versions thankfully never made me a believer. But, this is it. Except for the ceramic bezel |10 | issue, this watch solves all those issues I have been waiting for.

Ordered this one yesterday.

Great job.

CSK

Great review :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm so greatful that someone finally does an honest review of the cartel dssd. All the attention has been on ETZ and IMO it seems they still can't make the dial print straight.

I have one of the "ultimate" but with the ETA movement on the way from TT - But is this one (ROLSD008) also is made from 316F :g:

Does anyone know that for a fact?

Thanks again LANI ;)

Hi Lani,

How is the timekeeping so far? I wouldn't expect that the new movement is any different than the typical asain clone, but I would hope that it was properly assembled, lubricated and regulated.

Anything to report?

J

It's keeping perfect time with my computer time, my Milgauss is also a Rolex clone and it also is keeping excellent time.. the DSSD and my Milgauss are in sync with my 2 genuine Rolex... these Rolex rep movement feel really good through the crown.. better than the A7750 in comparison..

AC/Lani

Great review :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm so greatful that someone finally does an honest review of the cartel dssd. All the attention has been on ETZ and IMO it seems they still can't make the dial print straight.

I have one of the "ultimate" but with the ETA movement on the way from TT - But is this one (ROLSD008) also is made from 316F :g:

Does anyone know that for a fact?

Thanks again LANI ;)

Thank you Thogga..

Andrew' should be the same 316F fo sure !!

the steel in comparison to my genuine is spot on..

Lani,

This has been a fabulous review series and the most fun I have had reading on the forum for quite some time. It is engaging, enlightening and selfless.

Thanks for taking all of the time to take the great pictures and answer all those questions that sit in the minds of us amateurs.

I have been on the fence on this watch for a long time, waiting for the right time to take a chance. All the hype around the other versions thankfully never made me a believer. But, this is it. Except for the ceramic bezel |10 | issue, this watch solves all those issues I have been waiting for.

Ordered this one yesterday.

Great job.

CSK

thank you cskent .. it is so rewarding to be able to help members make an informed decision and not one that is marketing hype.. (that is how we roll here).. unlike the real brands :lol:

I try and call them as I seez um .. no hidden agenda's on RWG.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

I've requested that the above posts of the Eurotimez pics be removed.. I am trying to respect each dealers rights.. and feel that if members want to do this they should consider doing it on a separate thread, and not on a review of the DSSD from one dealer.. I would hold the same respect for Eurotimez's DSSD review..

AC/Lani

I've requested that the above posts of the Eurotimez pics be removed.. I am trying to respect each dealers rights.. and feel that if members want to do this they should consider doing it on a separate thread, and not on a review of the DSSD from one dealer.. I would hold the same respect for Eurotimez's DSSD review..

AC/Lani

Hear hear :good:

Lani is correct, the title states "New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones" and not let's compare all the versions. Let's respect the intent of the reviewer.

On the other hand, I think it would be really neat to have a post by someone that could pictorially present the evolution of the rep DSSD from V1-V5/Ultimate (or whatever) so we can all see how far things have came during it's lifetime. I personally have not been around the rep world long enough to remember the original versions of this watch and would find it very interesting.

My only annoyance with DSSD and this is directed at Rolex and not the rep..... I Wish they would have used a 22mm bracelet instead of a 20mm. The watch would have looked SOOO much better! IMHO

And maybe some hard core rivets in the bracelet :) Yum yum. If they are to go big, they should go BIG on all the aspects.