When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Of Badness

thogaa

Bought this top of the heap $600 AP ROO from one of our favourite dealers.

DSC06109.jpg

Upon arrival the bracelet was broken :thumbdown:

DSC06110.jpg

DSC06111.jpg

- clearly not happened during transport as the watch was in a hard case and no pieces in the plastic wrapping.

Closer inspection shows a large caseback screw missing

DSC06112.jpg

- 3 of the screws in the caseback are twisted and there are scratches in the caseback. :unsure:

QC?? :angry:

DSC061142.jpg

I wonder how the inside of this watch is put together? :g:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mailed the pics to him. - Maybe he will send the rest of the watch to me later.

Airfix Piguet!? :black_eye:

He off course inspects EVERY watch before packing to insure quality. :whistling:

He must drunk, high or sleeping when he did inspected it! :thumbdown:

Could you imagine buying the solid rose gold version? Or now the "Gen" with rep buckle?

I'd have 10x more referrals if stuff like this didn't happen. You definitely showed a lot of trust spending $600 on a rep. I'm really sorry, I know what its like to roll the dice and find this when you open the package. Your stomach must've been in your mouth.

Now you get to enjoy the next 2 months waiting for screws or sending things back and forth to guangzhou.

Unacceptable. Personally, I'd like to know who this is. No point trying to stay in someones good graces when in fact you aren't, and never were to begin with. Same go's for me. I'm not special either!

Sorry Thogaa.

I have a feeling the strap is sent like that so that it can lay flatter in transit. I received mine with the bracelet apart like that, otherwise it would of got bent up .

The missing screw from the back though is another issue altogether. Im sure you can get it replaced but its not how it should be for sure.

ST4

Yea...who is the dealer ? The good thing about being on this forum is that we're all able to share information. We realize that being in the rep game, there will be times when u get the few odd watches arriving from reputable dealers with quality not being up to a standard, and it happens...even to some of the best dealers, and I am sure they will try an resolve issues such as this.

However, it would be nice if we knew who the dealer is....so that the next time the dealers sends the watch out..he is in a conscious state & being quality conscious, and as for the buyer (we all are)....protecting the interest of all RWG members, as we do not want another casualty....I am sure u wouldn't want this happen to any of our members right ??? Paying $600 for a high end watch & waiting for months on end and to receive something like is...!! totally unacceptable !

So..without pressure..who's the dealer again ? sometime it is good to send out warning signs to dealers...just a wake up call u know..!!! After all..without RWG...the respected dealers wouldn't be here..!! your contribution is highly appreciated.... initials would be fine ! :clapping:

Dear All,

he cannot tell who the dealer is....c´mon, imagine yourself in his position....you would firstly try to resolve everything with the dealer.

Mmmh, but secondly; why did he post this at all if he did not talk to his dealer first. :g:

My opinion; I would try to solve this issue in communicating with the dealer....when he will not react as he should (send a new bracelet and a new caseback-screw express) than I would gather opinions here on the board....and then I would also disclose the dealers name itself.....if its stated QC in his webshop....well, this is clearly no QC.

Anyway, if he is one of our big guys he will resolve your issues.

Theo

BTW: what kind of ROO is that for 600$ ????

Hi all. Thanks for your support.

The bracelet IS broken - metal snapped, cannot be screwed or rivetted back together.

The dealer is off course trying to resolve this for me by sending out some parts for my Airfix Piguet. I never doubted that he would do that!

The motive of this post was NOT to expose the dealer - even if he claims no drop shipping and best QC ever.

I posted to show you all that you don't get what you pay for even in the high end reps. and to vent my frustration about this. I was so looking forward to wearing my new "1:1 ultimate sec @12 best version crazy sale replication exercise V9.08 Roo".

The thing annoying me the most is that I have bought 16 watches from this dealer and I would expect him to inspect the goods before shipping.