When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Of Badness

thogaa

Oh my, you are some kind of masochist! :bangin:

What happened regarding the two preview ROO's, did the Twin's fix them, replace them? And/or offer you a partial refund/discount? If not, why would you buy from them again!? :black_eye:

Unless...... (See first sentence :p )

Roo Black Themes - broken clasp and missing screw: parts received 34 days upon delivery :angry:

Roo Silver Themes - return shipped (along with

): will be repaired :pardon:

Roo RG awaiting reply from dealer :rolleyes:

Hard not to mention the two Skylands and two Super Avengers I've sent back. :black_eye:

Oh and the latest Blue submariner ETA with non functioning date :cry2:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All for the Twins? That is really terrible! :surrender:

I really suggest you contact Mary next time, please. Dealing with her will be like finding this hobby all over again for you, and hopefully it will restore some of your misgivings regarding our hobby too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

http://www.watch-international.com/

If it is not on her site, just ask her ;)

I'll stop ordering stuff for a while trying to settle all the issues I have at the moment and maybe ship a big box of junk to my favourite watch maker having him sort it all out <_<

Oh I forgot to mention the Montbrillant Legende where the lug screw broke some time before Christmas. Still waiting for replacement screws but that's only four months now. :clapping:

Still it's just a hobby :pardon:

HB39_ChineseJunk.jpg

I bet your stomach dropped down to your nuts when you unwrapped that and your eyes hit that minute hand. :shock:

What I dont get is sending them back. They just drop ship another one, 50% chance or better that it comes back as bad or worse. :lol:

So, better get going on that TZ watch school. Gotta know what to do with that replacement minute hand you're going to receive in about two months.

The way I see it, we're basically assembling these watches in our living rooms ourselves, just like they do in guangzhou. :lol:

Josh has kindly shipped out a set of hands for my $600 golden Airfix watch :victory:

Great hobby this is :rolleyes:

I can't help comparing this to the electronic kits I used to purchase when I was a kid - You got an envelope with a pile of junk that you could solder and screw together to make something work like a piece of kit you could have bought at 1/10 the price at the hardware store. - But most importantly had fun while doing so :pardon:

I am expecting a Safari to arrive today - I'll keep you posted :bleh:

The last 3 watches I brought from Josh had some quality issues as well. They claim to have QC'd the watch before shipment, but I doubt it. I think they just send the package off once they received it from the manufacturer in bubble wraps, and don't even bother to look inside the wraps. They have far too many orders to process each day.

The ultimate AP survivor I brought ($700) - Crown fell of after a day (it was sent back for a replacement & Josh sent me another one - it is in good condition, but the rubber gasket beneath the bezel was installed wrong way round - another quality issue) it's not so noticeable, so can't be bothered to send it back again for replacement.

Hublot Big Bang King chocolate ultimate V1 ($650) - it was sent to UK, and I left UK for asia, so my sister collected it for me from UK and brought back to asian for me (almost 3 motnhs). When I opened it (brand new & unworn), the brown rubber straps had green spots - seems like chemical splashes (quite a few spots) can only be seen under light. Unfortunately, Josh told me it was temperature or something, but because I did not notify him right away, I had to pay for the strap & tools ($85)

My Franck Muller King SS- The watch was brand new & did not wear it for a week after it arrived, when I unwrap the plastic film on the watch face, I saw a 2 cm scratch carved into the side of the metal watch (pretty deep actually). I did not notify him, because he's gonna say I scratched it, because I didnt notify him earlier as soon as I received it. Anyway, can't be bothered to be sending things backwards & forwards.

I brought 5 watches within last 3 months, and the last 3 described above had problems. I might have to resort to a new dealer soon (since they have too many customers, I don't think they would care if they lose me as a customer). I heard Mrs King is pretty good.

This is just terrible...60% with moderate to serious QC issues is just not acceptable. I guess the volumes they sell are just to great for them to handle.

Yes, Mrs King is great, and I highly recommend her.

I have been dealing with Mrs King for well over 2 years and bought all of my three US$500 AP Royal OakOffshore from her, plus loads of other things.

Right from the first order the impression she gave me was good. Email responses were prompt; replies and info given were good and accurate, good after sales service and great attitude, and never disappoints in what she promises to deliver.

To me, in a hobby such as collecting reps, it is important that I have a reliable, friendly and trusted dealer whom I can work with and buy from with full confidence, someone who is easily contactable and would help fix things when they go wrong.

uhhmmm... that movement is wrongly assembled... is that what I found recently. More info here:

it will probably fail soon!!

regards,

Francisco

Shipment on the way to the doctor ;-)

man, that sucks......and now you have to replace the hands yourself? Unbeleavable :thumbdown:

About Twins/Andrew, I can only speak for my own experiences with Andrew, and they were 100 % ok, also aftersales

Hop Francisco can repair it for you , $600...............makes you wonder

man, that sucks......and now you have to replace the hands yourself? Unbeleavable :thumbdown:

That's the option I chose. :pardon:

I could have sent it back for exchange but the factory is out of grey dials at the moment. The watch is off to Francisco as soon as the hand set arrives and he can assemble the movement right. :drinks:

Maybe the cartel should offer a kit version of their AP's at a better price - unassembled? :good:

You really have to learn your lesson the hard way? Why order so many watches at at the same time. Sorry to hear about this brother. Hoping you have learned your lessen, the twins have been long known to be dropshippers.

What is funny is that they are the more expensive dealers. As mentiond many times here, try one of the other dealers that are known for qc. I have had a great experience with Mary too, pictures of the actual watch and check to see if it's operating right too. Pricing is better too.

• 8 months later...

I am pretty astonished to hear these stories.

I have close to 50 watches now from a range of dealers and private sales. And from the dealers I have had very few issues.

Watches have broken down after a bit of time. Not many and not often. I have also had watches returned from the watch maker with issues, but again not many and not serious.

I do however have a regular parcel going to Domi. Mostly for little things like water proofing or mods like AR and re-lume. But I have not yet needed to return to China. And thanks goodness for that. It is expensive, time-consuming and risky.

The best advice here is to get a good dealer. Mary has served me well and amazingly even picked up issues that I did not notice from her pictures

Second is to find a local (at least same customs area) watch smith.

With that you should be OK and set to go.

Don't give up just yet.