When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Of Badness

thogaa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The watch is bought from Andrew.

I don't see it is his fault that the watch is bad - only that he overlooked these issues.

It seems that half of the watches I buy are being returned for repair. Are all the dealers this busy at the moment?

That's a really strange this situation from that serious dealer. :mellow:

Yes - He is off course doing the best he can to resolve the issue by sending out the parts to mend the watch. :pardon:

But QC still needs to be (better) :wounded1:

Best was to replace....

But then again. The return shipping is $60 to me (blood sucking post rates) and another four weeks wait - and then a possible customs seizure of the reshipped item... :wounded1:

I have just had my 4th watch seized :black_eye:

IMO: Return shipping would be fee for how get the error not your.....

This is not a problem due to shiping.

I haven't ever got any discount or money back for return shipping yet. :wounded1:

Anyone else got that? :unsure:

No, but I've had the same issue with that "camp" so I've deferred my needs to others who are paying me more dedicated attention. I don't have enough valium or patience for the anxiety broken $300+ watches cause me. I won't put up with that kind've service more than once ever again.

I have had good luck with Reg, and marvelousreplica, a new recommended dealer over on RWI. He has been superb as far as communication with me and helped me source a bracelet for a watch I didn't even purchase through him. $20 less than "that camp" wanted. The package was the same as the ones I usually get from Josh, even filled out with the same handwriting.

Doesnt help you with this one, just hope you learn your lesson sooner rather than later.

I don't think there is any call to be PMing Admin for 1 watch!!

I know it's not mine so easy to say, but 1 watch from countless isn't something you PM him about I wouldn't have thought?!

I totally agree that service like you got is not on at all, there is a lot to be said for the smaller dealers, I've never personaly had any issues with this 'camp' but I guess a good few do. Also the amount of people in the last 2-3 years that are getting into reps has rocketed, look how many members we now have, the amount that the Geeks and RWI have!? There are thousands of people into this now, some dip in for one watch and are gone, others like us, stay for the duration. Thats an awful lot of watches going out the door!! It's inevitable that these things will happen, it's rotten when it does, I've had it same as most have, but it will keep happening unless they employ legions of QC inspectors and that just isn't going to happen!! The least they can do when they realise that it's a valued customer who has already bought a lot from them, is to send a replacement with apologies!!

Hope your Airfix kit is up and looking good soon bud!!

Sixx :bones:

• 2 months later...

The watch is bought from Andrew.

I don't see it is his fault that the watch is bad - only that he overlooked these issues.

It seems that half of the watches I buy are being returned for repair. Are all the dealers this busy at the moment?

:animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster:

Andrew gone blind on us

:animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster:

Andrew gone blind on us

This one is from Joshua - nothing wrong with that. He offers excellent service in replacing a lot of stuff, but I still have to cover return shipping and wait another two weeks for replacements or parts to arrive. :wounded1:

Joshua :o oh my lord!!! yes ne is usually excellent and more of a surprise

I am waiting for my $700 shippment from perfect-hour.com...I pray mine have been QC'd properly

You purchased from Andrew first, a known drop shipper, he sent you a broken POS watch and so you were advised not to use the "Twins". Next time you purchased from Joshua, who is also a drop shipper and basically the same as Andrew (re: Twins), he also sends a crappy watch which has a flaw that would be easily noticed if you just took a second actually look at the dial :lol:

Lesson learned for you now I hope? At the risk of repeating myself:

Use another dealer, the twins drop ship, common knowledge, but it is always denied :p

Pick a smaller dealer, who will take time with your order and even send you pictures of the actual watch before delivery, probably be cheaper too.....

You purchased from Andrew fist, a known drop shipper, he sent you a broken POS watch and so you were advised not to use the "Twins". Next time you purchased from Joshua, who is also a drop shipper and basically the same as Andrew (re: Twins), he also sends a crappy watch which has a flaw that would be easily noticed if you just took a second actually look at the dial :lol:

Lesson learned for you now I hope? At the risk of repeating myself:

It took a few lessons though :D

:lol: That is bad! Love the music! :p

Seriously, use Mary from Watch-International, or Precious Time, both outstanding dealers who have very high QC. They will take pictures of your actual watch you buy from them, upon request before they ship. Even Tony from Asian7750, an unsupported dealer has better service and QC than the twins, he will also take pictures of your watch too if you want.....

Harsh lesson, $1200+ I bet and two utterly [censored] watches :(

:lol: That is bad! Love the music! :p

Seriously, use Mary from Watch-International, or Precious Time, both outstanding dealers who have very high QC. They will take pictures of your actual watch you buy from them, upon request before they ship. Even Tony from Asian7750, an unsupported dealer has better service and QC than the twins, he will also take pictures of your watch too if you want.....

Harsh lesson, $1200+ I bet and two utterly [censored] watches :(

Hate to say that two more Roos are in the mail. :whistling:

I find it entertaining - and who knows? Maybe one day I'll get a watch that's perfect? :rolleyes:

Still the movement seems a bit better than the silver themes...