When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH Chrono

Breitling's revival of their vintage Super Ocean heritage was a break from the seemingly endless same ole same ole dials that is their trademark..

Although the Rolex dials have stayed basically the same throughout the different generations of Subs .. Brietling ..imo hasn't captured the mystique of the Rolex brand..

A lot of the hype was, or is over the non chrono dial.. But given the size of the case, I prefer the chrono model..

the simplicity of the bezel, the racer strap.. the golden B,.. and the stick markers.. beautiful.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think it's the size of the watch that has me leaning towards the chrono version...

anyway just a couple of shots.. simple for a simply awesome replication..

afewfaves002.jpg

afewfaves001.jpg

AC/Lani

Yesterday, i just commented to Lani that the SOH has been on my list - but i've never prioritized it...i always felt it looked sharp - but not enough to make me hungry for it...i've all but ignored the SOH chrono - as quite honestly, you don't see a lot of them here...i agree with Lani's comments - the Chrono version seems to be a lot better "balanced" to me...

R-

Let me guess. This watch is #1021 in your personal collection right? or was it #1022... are there any good looking watches that you DON'T have??

absolutely beautiful.. what kind of camera are you using lani? i need something that can capture images like yours! my canon point and shoot was dropped to weeks ago by an [censored] stranger in a bar.. it means that I won't be uploading anymore pics at least until my birthday or until i can get my hands on a friends camera to take some shots.. I have 3 watches with Francisco and one on the way.. when they all arrive i'mg gonna be so angry i don't have my camera!!!!

Nice watch Lani. ear it with pride and joy!

..the simplicity of the bezel, the racer strap.. the golden B,.. and the stick markers.. beautiful.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think it's the size of the watch that has me leaning towards the chrono version...

AC/Lani

Could not agree more! That is what lead me to having to get one! The piece just is pure class! The rubber strap is just awesome! Comfortable and ands a nice touch to the piece. Can be worn as dress or sport!

Let me guess. This watch is #1021 in your personal collection right? or was it #1022... are there any good looking watches that you DON'T have??

absolutely beautiful.. what kind of camera are you using lani? i need something that can capture images like yours! my canon point and shoot was dropped to weeks ago by an [censored] stranger in a bar.. it means that I won't be uploading anymore pics at least until my birthday or until i can get my hands on a friends camera to take some shots.. I have 3 watches with Francisco and one on the way.. when they all arrive i'mg gonna be so angry i don't have my camera!!!!

Nice watch Lani. ear it with pride and joy!

Camera is a Nikon .. I have 2 Macro lenses .. this pic was not a Macro shot.. Nikon is my choice.. love it.. manual adjustments work best for me with the lighting.. you can manipulate the light to do all sorts of things with the images.

I highly recommend the Nikon.. and the Bretiling /chrono.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking forward to pics of your 253

@Tech.. Joshua .. Perfect Clones

AC/Lani

Tis a lovely watch Lani.

I been looking at a SOHC or a SOH for some time now and about to pull the trigger but some people say the clasp is rubbish. Is this true? what is the clasp like on yours? Also which do you think is the better movment between the SOH and SOHC?

Not sure which one to go for now chrono looks superb!

Kind regards. Marc.

Camera is a Nikon .. I have 2 Macro lenses .. this pic was not a Macro shot.. Nikon is my choice.. love it.. manual adjustments work best for me with the lighting.. you can manipulate the light to do all sorts of things with the images.

I highly recommend the Nikon.. and the Bretiling /chrono.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking forward to pics of your 253

@Tech.. Joshua .. Perfect Clones

AC/Lani

Thanks lani.. No comment on your watch since you already know what i'm gonna say.

I can't wait for the 253 either.. Getting the chrono needle repainted is exciting! Just scored a gen CARBON fiber for it.. can't wait to see it.. looking for a good one with blue stitching as well that's kind of original.. I guess it'll be a surprise.. And YES I will be trying to contribute with a write-up of "a day in the life of" but i'll wait till it warms up here and I have a new camera.. so that i can take various wrist shots around the city.

update: Lani.. in the last 10 minutes from posting this about my 253 i just bought strap.. you have this strange effect on people... i think 40% of all sales are indirectly linked to your influence.. I hadn't even thought about that 253 for at least a week.. until you just reminded me.... :pardon:

Tis a lovely watch Lani.

I been looking at a SOHC or a SOH for some time now and about to pull the trigger but some people say the clasp is rubbish. Is this true? what is the clasp like on yours? Also which do you think is the better movment between the SOH and SOHC?

Not sure which one to go for now chrono looks superb!

Kind regards. Marc.

the black dial non chrono is nice.. the quality of the A7750 on the chrono version has been going good now for over a year..

the eta in the non chrono is always a safe bet though.

I wouldn't call the clasp rubbish.. it's not the genuine .. that's for sure, but I have had no problems with it so far..

Love the watch but I'm going to have to go against popular opinion. While the chrono is a lovely piece I feel that the simplicity and clean look of the SOH design is over "complicated" with the chrono version. Just me I guess. Either way an awsome watch.

As for the clasp I have had zero problems in over a year and it was my daily beater for quite some time.

Love the watch but I'm going to have to go against popular opinion. While the chrono is a lovely piece I feel that the simplicity and clean look of the SOH design is over "complicated" with the chrono version. Just me I guess. Either way an awsome watch.

As for the clasp I have had zero problems in over a year and it was my daily beater for quite some time.

Only one real solution.. get both.. :victory:

Hah! We're not all independently wealthy like you, L-Money! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Fantastic piece. You really are correct, this deserves more attention than it gets. I like the chrono, i'm just scared away from A7750's.

I'm not wealthy .. just lack other vices..

though remembering your issues with the A7750.. don't blame ya.. but the eta 7750's have really come down in price to below 300usd if your patient..

I'm not wealthy .. just lack other vices..

though remembering your issues with the A7750.. don't blame ya.. but the eta 7750's have really come down in price to below 300usd if your patient..

Thats a solid route to go. Chrono's are nice, just expensive "keepers". Consider I have just one (Skyland V3) and it needs $200 servicing the day it arrives + cost of watch.. :black_eye:

Great watch though Lani :drinks:

Holy cow... you just cost me money. :) I had not cared for the SOH, but this is *perfect* to me. One of the best I have ever seen. I haven't seen the Ocean Racer on a SOH and there's something about that combo with the chrono that does it for me. Thanks for giving me a new target!

Probably one of the most understated and underrated Breitlings, and to the masses not recogniseable as one. :whistling:

Large, simple but with complications, has enough polish without being Bling, and not too heavy. One of the few great-out-of-the-box reps I have; simply because there is no need to attempt to improve it. The rep OR strap and clasp is brilliant.

It's a great watch and should be a favourite in any collection. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

post-22-126532118921_thumb.jpgpost-22-126533103277_thumb.jpg

Like a few others posting here, I still prefer the non-chrono version of this beautiful watch.

After purchase, I sent this baby on to The Zigmeister for the treatment, and in combo with the Ocean Racer

strap, I feel that this watch is one of the nicest divers around.

I think that the rep OR strap and clasp are top notch...definitely NOT crap.

The SOH is the only Beitling I own.

I DO agree that the chrono version is a VERY handsome watch...wear it well.

post-22-126532118921_thumb.jpg

Like a few others posting here, I still prefer the non-chrono version of this beautiful watch.

After purchase I sent this baby on to Ziggy for the treatment, and in combo with the Ocean Racer

strap, I feel that this watch is one of the nicest divers around. It is the only Beitling I own.

I do agree that the chrono version is a VERY handsome watch...wear it well.

Well I think what this thread states is a win~win .. no poor choice amongst the chrono of non chrono SOH dials..

either one is worth the price of admission..

and after a trip to Canada jeff it is a keeper for sure..!!!

Lookin good.

Hey Lani, Jeff G.

Just wanted to say, I didn't call the clasp crap, I was just reading some comments from the 'Search' facility and someone said it was pure trash, which was contary to what I had heard. The truth is I really want a SOH, but since the pound is now on parity with chocolate money, it makes all reps a lot more expensive. But I think I am going to pull the trigger. Which then brings me to the second problem (Lani's fault) I normally buy from Eurotimez, but they have had some pretty bad reviews and well i'm just a bit jitery. Reason I blame Lani, unfairly, is because of the little problem, I read he had getting some parts from them, and being a pensioner before he got them, if he even did in the end, not sure.

Marc.

Hey Lani, Jeff G.

Just wanted to say, I didn't call the clasp crap, I was just reading some comments from the 'Search' facility and someone said it was pure trash, which was contary to what I had heard. The truth is I really want a SOH, but since the pound is now on parity with chocolate money, it makes all reps a lot more expensive. But I think I am going to pull the trigger. Which then brings me to the second problem (Lani's fault) I normally buy from Eurotimez, but they have had some pretty bad reviews and well i'm just a bit jitery. Reason I blame Lani, unfairly, is because of the little problem, I read he had getting some parts from them, and being a pensioner before he got them, if he even did in the end, not sure.

Marc.

No one's blaming you .. fyi.. marcl :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions you may have been led to believe.. it may be in all likelihood the person commenting on the clasp got a defective one.. who knows ?? :)

Here's your choices for dealers who ship inside the EU.. 1. Perfect Clones, 2. Puretime, 3. ETZ ... maybe ETZ has cleaned up theirs communications ?? dunno know I'm still waiting on my items, not shipped out yet. ..it's only been 2 months now..but hey.. no ones perfect.. :rofl:

We in the US have been dealing with the devaluation of the Dollar forever.. so I understand how ya feel.. the shoe is rarely on the other foot when it comes to the dollar and the Pound.. B)

AC/Lani