When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Seiko Diver 100 modified

HeadToucha

Hi guys,

Few weeks ago i bought a Seiko Diver 100 at the famous Mr.Lee (chronograph.com), it's my second Seiko and i have to say that for the price i was again surprised by the quality of the watch.

Here's the watch:

510cl.jpg090123065406630884u.jpg

Then after 1 or 2 weeks seeing seiko's forum i say to myself why don't make it more "personal". So i bought a bezel on ebay and a new second hand at yokobies (he got tons of hands, dials, bezel etc... for Seiko).

My brother bought a case with all the tools for watchwork (if i remember right, it was like 40$ send by Noah Fuller, another Seiko modder) & with patience & little fear to make it wrong i made it :)

So here's the watch now:

img0045el.jpg

img0058u.jpg

img0060z.jpg

img0071ln.jpg

img0005mw.jpg

===>this NATO was a gift of Mr.Lee with the watch, not top quality but free ^^

In red maybe she looks more "sporty", but looking all my watches the conclusion was: damned, lot of black colour!!

So i'm verry happy with it, and if someday i'm getting tired of red, it takes only 10min to switch to the black bezel with:

mvc045s.jpg and deccutter.jpg:)

Thanks guys, i admit it is gratifying when you look at your watch, even it's not so hard work to do .

Btw , the bezel could be found here in different color: http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-16800-RED-SAPAHIRE_W0QQitemZ180434809394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM?hash=item2a02c0b232

Very cool. :good: If you want to take it a little further and more Rolex like, you can fit "ETA" Mercedes hands. I would go with the Maxi dial style hands. The same place you bought the insert from should have them.

Offshore, or someone can correct me if I am wrong, but last I checked ETA 28xx hands are interchangeable with Seiko hands.

Thanks Ronin, in fact in the first place i decided to switch also hour & minute hand, but after done it i was not satisfied with the result so i came back to the original one , just kept the red second hand.

For the Rolex lke, i saw at yokobies one with the mercedes hands & bezel insert green, it looks good but too much "rollie" to me ^^

img6547c.jpg

But who knows in few months... the hands + bezel for this one will be like 30$ shipped... not so bad for almost a new watch

I can't tell you Pugwash but imho i would doubt that Rolex style hands would have the same lume than Seiko. In other hand i know Yokobies sell this entire modded watch, so if he do perfect work ... he should care about those things

But you can email him and ask for a lume shot of the model or ask him directly if its as bright, when i bought him the red second hand i asked him the same thing, didn't wanna see lume disparity in hands with dial.

Great photo of that Seiko LV. There is strange part of me that likes that Seiko LV -over- a Rolex LV. (Then again, I am a Seiko lover). :lol:

Me too, but to be honest i'm more a "not Rolex lover" ^^

Edited by HeadToucha