When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

114480-23118.jpg

Roll up! Roll up!

Welcome to the Champions League RWG Prize Pool.

“What’s this?” I hear you ask.

Well it’s another competition where you can win a fair bit of cash and help out RWG financially as well.

“How does it work?” you are asking. (Jeez….what’s with all the questions?)

It’s simple really. $20 gets you into the game. Pick a team that you think will win the Champions League this year. (Some of us will just want to support our own team for the hell of it…..c’mon the Celts!) The winner will be the person(s) who has selected the Champions League Winners 2006/07.

“What if more than one of us has selected the winners?” you smartly ask.

Well, quite simply, the pool money is shared.

“What if nobody has picked the winners?” you quickly retort. (You’re a real clever [censored], aren’t you?)

In this case it will be the entry(ies) with the team that has progressed farthest in the Champions League. RWG will receive 10% of the accumulated Prize Pool.

To enter: Send $20 via Paypal to:

champions@rwg.cc

and in the “Email subject” box, type RWG CL + The name of your team.

Select Goods (Other) for your category of purchase.

Add your RWG member name in the “Notes” box

For example my email subject will read………………RWG CL + Glasgow Celtic And my Notes box will include………….jonthebhoy.

Entries close at Noon UK time on Tuesday 12th September.

For a list of the teams participating in the Champions League visit:

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/index.html

Good Luck!

JTB

Participants

Team

jonthebhoy

50050.gif

docblackrock

7889.gif

admin

7889.gif

Thor

50080.gif

Edge

52914.gif

dcrooz

50051.gif

tourbillon1801

50138.gif

kenberg

50051.gif

Everythingape

52280.gif

Pugwash

50051.gif

Offshore

50080.gif

Pool total

$220

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ha it appears we have 2 dreamers lol.

Yeh LFC won it 2 years ago, that was much weirder, seeing as they weren't good enough to even qualify for the next one.

Ha ha...........and seen as the jam tarts were never gonna get there, where is your dosh going young Chris?

Pray tell.

JTB

Do you want a slice of lemon and some angosturas with your pint of vinegar Edgey?

Actually if we are being pedantic we won it 2 years ago, 23 years ago, 26 years ago, 29 years ago and 30 years ago also....but hey who's living in the past :D

And talking of strange events, what about Lehmann? Hmmm, now I wonder who was the last goalie to be sent off in a Final and condemn his team to ultimate defeat? What? Never ever??? :lol:

Are you in then? Gooner must be...

Excellent boss more wasted money to grow the fund for the eventual winner lol.

JTB I need an alternate payment method, as I can't do PP.

@Doc

How DARE you call me a gooner!!!!!!!

I wholeheartedly admit that the pool WERE a good side back in the day, however 2 years ago they were crap and I really hate the fact that a crap team can win the chapions league. Especially when the DID NOT score against chelsea lol.

I am a loyal fan of Gianfranco Zola's Barmy Army, and have been for 20 years, the Heart's thing I have got to admit to as well, although sometimes I try to keep it on the DL. Especially when they go down to 9 men and have about 60 mins to play trying to qualify for CL. Now we're gonna get papped oot o UEFA anaw, thats pash.

Excellent boss more wasted money to grow the fund for the eventual winner lol.

JTB I need an alternate payment method, as I can't do PP.

@Doc

How DARE you call me a gooner!!!!!!!

I wholeheartedly admit that the pool WERE a good side back in the day, however 2 years ago they were crap and I really hate the fact that a crap team can win the chapions league. Especially when the DID NOT score against chelsea lol.

I am a loyal fan of Gianfranco Zola's Barmy Army, and have been for 20 years, the Heart's thing I have got to admit to as well, although sometimes I try to keep it on the DL. Especially when they go down to 9 men and have about 60 mins to play trying to qualify for CL. Now we're gonna get papped oot o UEFA anaw, thats pash.

Aaah, now it all becomes crystal clear, a Chelsea man - excellent, some decent sport at last!

I give you kudos for being an old skool Chelsea fan (Zola was class) rather than the abomination that exists down the New Kings Road these days. Oh and you're right, we did not score against you in that SF....but only because Cech decided to throttle Baros as he rounded him and was about to score. Penalty? Sending off? Ah well, bygones my friend.

As for HOM, yes I'm afraid early elimination from the UEFA Cup is part of the pattern - as I said, the Everton of Sco..... :lol:

Have to say that I have been a CFC fan since for a very long time about 20 years, my grandad was a fan and so is my father so it's a family thing, and I have been to Stamford Bridge and watched some of the worst football teams imaginable, and yes chelsea have had some bingins.

We were always a side capable of beating anyone in the world on our day but unfortunately somewhat unpredictable, as they would regularly go out and lose to the worst teams in the league.

I hate walking down the street seeing random people who are now chelsea "Fans", when they have "supported" them for about 10 mins, makes me sick how fickle footy fans are.

For me the money has been a good thing, but the main thing it has brought is consistancy, which was he major lacking factor. However it has also brought Sheva and Ballack so can't complain at that either lol.

Let's be honest though none of our teams are winning the CL. Can anyone say, Real Madrid??? Barca?? or even Inter?

Fancy Real now that cappello has tought them to be structured and be able to defend lol.

Interesting POV Chris, know a few of your lot, the old school, and they admit to a sense of unease akin to being on a runaway train that's exciting and better than the old wreck they used to travel on, but a greater fear of what will happen when it crashes.

Agree about the 'new fan' thing though <_<

I think this will be a very open tournament, anyone of the top 8 can feasibly win it, although there's always another Porto or PSV or Villareal waiting in the wings. The dark horse could be Lyon I fancy.

Let's just hope Gran stays out of this, so it wont' be a three-way split...

No need to worry about... i'll take the bucks and give them a good home :whistling:

-sigh- I'm an Arsenal-supporter, been one all me life! I do not expect them to go all the way in the CL this year, as Wenger is counting a lot on young talent.. ..again. This years start of the Premier League is not very promising, but I know that come christmas, The Gunners will be eating pork rinds in the top 3 as usual.

I'm thinking Man U -chills- or Barca for the cup, but I dunno.

I'll have to ponder this until the 11th or so. (Though my heart always prevails)