When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat B01 out

thogaa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the one i want :wub:

breitling-b01-Dubbe-02b.png

I agree. That looks sharp.

But the blue on the gen looks exactly the same as the Fish blue. The rep blue will be totally off again. I would just stick with the black one.

I want the blue dial face. I am at a loss as to either the white or black with the blue face. I will definitely need the SS band though.

Mike

Went to King's site - she doesn't seen to have the black with white subdials combo - interesting.

Also, it looks like she's planning on offering the SOH with a steel mesh strap - SEXY! Given a choice between an SOH on mesh and a B01, it's no contest.

Okay, my next watch I am ordering will be the blue face with black dials and SS band.

Will be placing my order for the Blackbird big date here either this week or next.

How can you find the price of a watch at King? I see the watches but can not find a price.

Edited by AeroMike

Okay, my next watch I am ordering will be the blue face with black dials and SS band.

Will be placing my order for the Blackbird big date here either this week or next.

How can you find the price of a watch at King? I see the watches but can not find a price.

www.kingwatches.net or kingshowbox.com

(why King would show her box is beyond me...)

you have to email her to ask about prices, though on the Showbox site, the prices are there ;)

Just received mine in black. Here's a quick wristie. It looks and feels ok, and they did a pretty good job with the dial. The recessed DW is visible but not a huge problem as the DW is black and so is the dial. The lume is not too crap either. The build quality is ok. I have to compare the bracelet carefully when I have some time...

2010-03-05093409.jpg

So is the immediate conclusion that it's just ok, rather than good or great? Could you perhaps point to a different rep that you feel is comparable in quality, to give us some perspective?

Tough question... maybe the early BCEs? Or the Blackbird, which is a great rep but has a number of obvious flaws... It's also hard to discriminate between problems in the rep and problems in the basic design of the watch. For example, the way the bracelet meets the case is odd... the pearl is huge... the DW font is a joke... but all these are design issues of the gen. I guess on the rep the DW is the immediate tell and the reason why this is never going to be a "super rep". But I should also clarify that I am a DW nazi! The slightest flaws in the DW drive me insane. Others may be ok with it. Perhaps the crown and pushers are where the rep build quality shows. And the watch doesn't have that glossy shiny blingy look of the gen that I have seen at the ADs... But perhaps that's due to the crystal, the steel and the finish... Look, it's hard to tell. There are some watches that you pull out of the package and you just go "hoooooly shiiiit!" the same way many of us did when we first heard The Dark Side of the Moon... With others you just go "that's nice!". It's a personal thing. With this one I was more in the latter category.

Thanks a lot man, that's an excellent answer - even for someone who's not a Pink Floyd fan. I just substituted Aqualung and got your drift right away. :) I guess I'll stay on the fence a while longer, while waiting for a thorough review, and hoping for an updated model from the factories (mainly because I don't like the look of the sharp-cornered bezel font).