When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora Review

onzenuub

4406257263_c886406de9_o.jpg

4407024052_807b766c73_o.jpg

The watch brand Breitling was originally founded in 1884 in St. Imier by Leon Breitling, 24 years old.. He wanted to produce high-quality technical watches. As his business expanded, Breitling moved the factory to the Swiss town of La-Chaux-de-Fonds. The Breitling watches are certified chronometers and where designed primarily for aviation use.

After World War I, Breitling began producing chronographs and chronometers strictly for aviation, they were a pioneer in aviation business. In 1915 Breitling invented their first wristwatch chronograph and made several significant developments to this design. In 1923, Breitling was the first watch manufacturer that created a chronograph, with enabling the start and return to zero function, which was also performed by the winding crown. After that, in 1934 Breitling added a second timepiece to the chronograph featuring a cumulative time recording, this invention made the Breitling watch a favorite among pilots.

4406258161_3f35f4e95a_m.jpg

In 1952 Breitling creates the Navitimer, a wrist watch equipped with the famous

Great review Ozenuub. Nice little walk through the history of the company and the model. This one has been on and off my shortlist many times. I think you just pushed it on again. Thanks for that :)

Quick question....how come posted in the other watch reviews section?

Another brilliant review.

I will add this to the Breitling Guide asap. All those need updating but I've been lazy. :(

Thanks for this great contribution!

Edit: Added to the Guide.

really nice review...thank you for taking the time to do so...a great read!...

i have the white/silver dial Datora with chieftang double AR...it's a keeper!...one of my favorite watches and with all the detail on the dial - it's clearly classic Breitling...

really nice review...thank you foe taking the time to do so...a great read!...

i have the white/silver dial Datora with chieftang double AR...it's a keeper!...one of my favorite watches and with all the detail on the dial - it's clearly classic Breitling...

Yeah rub it in that i just fished behind the net then with that great Datora from Jmarin ;-)

I just ordered a Skyland btw ;-), in spite of all your great info and persuasion about the graphite dial i went for the black dial

Fantastic review. This is one of the reviews I'm pretty sure I'll be referring back to several times. I've started to get the Breitling bug after the purchase of my SOSF. Soon thereafter I started looking at navtimers. We all know its all downhill from there :rolleyes:! Thanks for taking the time to write this; it's really helpful for Breitling noobs like me.

-Dovo

• 6 years later...