When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did you ever get lucky on ebay?

praetor

I'll toss one in....( i have told this story already lol)

I bought a mint/like new 16610 insert off ebay from a guy in Greece....55$ shipped.

It indeed was genuine and mint, it also arrived within a week!  :clap2:

The deals are on there, you just have to be diligent.

• 2 weeks later...

Stepped in Shti many times on the bay . One deal was so good I took a plane to Toronto for the deal . Rich kid from BC posted a Pam 87 for $2000 complete BIN years ago when they where easily fetching $7500 . Met some cool risti's and sold it that same weekend at the GTG .

• 4 weeks later...

I choose to buy less popular things on eBay, like rolls of Eisenhower Dollars... the math to determine future value is easier too.

But I'm really no one to judge on impulses... eBay binging happens. I once bought 20,000 pogs, 10 different lots of vintage timex watches, 36 model airplanes, every variation of Land Rover RC car ever made...

Shame

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did buy a beautiful manual vintage Citizen! 5 dollar with a brand new leather strap! The paper was on the strap. Beautiful strap, and very beautiful watch. Unfortunately the purpose was to learn some about fixing watches. I broke the axle of the escaping wheel! @#%&§!! That was it! I might try to get a new escaping wheel. The future goes on. Any way this was a beauty for a low amount!

And lately, I was (may be?) not that lucky. I mixed the amount of US-dollar and British Pound. I hope it is enough to say that I will never (never!!) do that again! But if  you are curious to know; I won the auction...

8-)

My recent result on ebay was a Bergeon 5555 Water Pressure tester.  Like new condition, hardly used, complete boxed, and with original invoice, and instruction booklet.  Bagged it for less than half the retail price delivered :)

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a APOA Breitling for under 2G last night. not exactly free but a cleaning, servicing and maybe a relume it could be a nice profit.

Absolutely, picked up this old Chronomat with the service history and box on the Bay.  Put in an overhaul and a mainspring and it's one of my faves.post-59435-0-43260900-1385780044_thumb.j  

• 1 month later...

Mine have been..

Boxed, used Bergeon 5555/98 Water Resistance Tester (less than half retail)

Complete set of Dumont Tweezers (£60 delivered)

I serviced the Bergeon, and its now as good as new.

The tweezers should arrive next week, they are used, but in excellent condition.  Obviously I will inspect, and make any adjustments if needed :)

• 1 month later...

Bought something last nite,  I'll let you know if I got a good deal after it arrives

My Omega parts arrived!  This was a good deal, parts for 45.5mm Planet Ocean.  Gen dial, crystal, hands,  and crown for $120.  All of the parts are in great shape, now waiting for a gen bezel from MrPap, then assemble the UPO

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...