When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH non-chrono V2 not available anymore?

veja74

OK guys, I want to get to the bottom of this. I have heard now from 3 dealers (Andrew, Angus and King) and possibly now a 4th that the SOH non-chrono is not available anymore because it just wasn't selling. This started when I bought a V2 bronze from Andrew and a V1 showed up. After contacting Andrew about it he told me that it wasn't available anymore and that one of his "employees" just pulled a V1 and shipped it instead of letting me know of the problem. In trying to come to a resolution I asked if I could get a different color. He went back to the factory and was told that the V2 non-chrono is not being made in any color anymore due to poor sales of the product. The chrono version is still readily available.

So, I installed a V2 datewheel, tried to get a V2 dial to install but couldn't, and have it for sale on the forum now. There seem to be some questions about this so I want to make sure that I am representing all the facts accurately and not trying to deceive anybody.

So, has anyone found a confirmed source for the SOH V2 non-chrono, not just a dealer saying they can get it but actually ordering it and getting the right product? I really want to pick up a black V2 and stick it on mesh so if there is somebody out there that can get it please let me know.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than I have been waiting for over a year to get my next watch - SOH V2 of course and now that!

I really dont want to get for a V1....too much flaws.

Does anybody know if the V1 maker also make V2 or is it a different company? Why do the still produce the V1 when the V2 is much better anyway...

:cry2::bicycle:

Edit: 100th post yeeeeeah

Edited by geestyleed

Good plan to move this out of your sales thread, sorry to take it off topic :D lol

As above, this was going to be my next watch that I was saving for, but now it seems it isn't to be :(

I've had confirmation from Mary that she can't get the Blue or Black dial but I believe she may be able to get the brown and white/silver dial versions in v2 - I think she'd have to check if you were to order one though.

I've also asked two other dealers about the v2 availability - one hasn't come back to me yet and the other has confirmed that he has stock but he is due to ship to a wholesaler soon so can't say if he has any individual pieces available until they've gone out the door...

I'm crossing my fingers but it's not looking good :(

OK, I got an email from Mary today saying that the factory told her that black is available in V2 non-chrono today and she can get blue tomorrow. I am waiting for confirmation of pics of what I would be getting. I really have no idea what is going on here.

I originally asked Mary about this, thanks Member X, and she confirmed that there was not availability. Then last week she goes out of her way to tell me that the factory had the black available again. I asked her to verify that it was V2, it was, then placed an order on her assurance and this morning she emails me pics of the actual watch I will be getting!!! And it is definitely a beautiful black V2!! Ummmmm, where has Mary been since I got into this hobby? Nobody has ever emailed me pics of the actual watch I will be getting!

Thanks again MemberX for directing me to her, now I just gotta figure out if I am going to break down and get the gen mesh or the Staib mesh...

I originally asked Mary about this, thanks Member X, and she confirmed that there was not availability. Then last week she goes out of her way to tell me that the factory had the black available again. I asked her to verify that it was V2, it was, then placed an order on her assurance and this morning she emails me pics of the actual watch I will be getting!!! And it is definitely a beautiful black V2!! Ummmmm, where has Mary been since I got into this hobby? Nobody has ever emailed me pics of the actual watch I will be getting!

Thanks again MemberX for directing me to her, now I just gotta figure out if I am going to break down and get the gen mesh or the Staib mesh...

lol

Welcome to your new favourite dealer ;):D

As above, this really is a super-rep IMO and needs a gen mesh, but they're about

I checked with my Breit AD and I can get the gen mesh for about US$550... yikes! May need to spring for it though. I agree, this thing is definitely a super rep! Even the lume dots fill the circles completely although the lume itself is crap. I still have my bronze chrono which is near perfect as well after spending nearly an hour in the AD memorizing every detail about the gen. One thing I do have to say is about the bronze non-chrono and the discussion about the dial color. I held the gen non-chrono next to the gen chrono and on the gen the non-chrono dial is definitely darker in color than on the chrono. In fact the rep modded V1 bronze non-chrono that I had for sale was spot on as far as dial color goes. So, I would say, if you have been wanting the bronze non-chrono but have concerns about dial color, don't worry, if you can get it... go for it!

Yep, $550 is about what was posted on here somewhere before...

Not cheap!! :(

I don't think the lume is really an issue tbh - there is so little on it that it almost seems pointless spending $60+ just to get 8 dots and two hands relumed :lol: lol

Ok, update on this...

Mary has informed me that the factory has no more case sets so the v2 is now no longer :(

I neeeeeeeeed a v2 in black so am asking around (I've even posted a WTB post on here!) but so far I have been unsuccessful!

Wow! I guess I dodged a bullet on that one! Mine is on the way although it still has not arrived in the US yet... a little concerned but Mary did send pics of the exact watch I will be getting so I need to be patient for now. Spent some time at the AD (AGAIN!!) last week and I can't get over just how good the replication of this watch, both chrono and non-chrono really is. Definitely super-rep quality.