When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH non-chrono V2 not available anymore?

veja74

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received SOH 46 (ETA) on Friday afternoon, in Black, on a Black Leather Deployant. Looks pretty good to me, but then I am a Breitling Noob ;). Definitely not as solid as a Rollie Sub, but far better looking...

The Deployant strap is very uncomfortable and digs into the underside of my wrist and have a feeling that this is due to the overall length of the deployany clasp, itself. It's about an inch and a quarter long and pretty straight. Not sure if the Gen is the same?

I will post pics of it later on.

Would have preferred the Mesh Link but its not available on the 1:1 copy (24mm between the lugs), but only on the 21J version which is 22mm between the lugs. The Rubber strap was out of stock so too what they had available. V2 Case, "P" on SuperOcean aligns with "A" in Automatic, Bezel notches extend to top of bezel...

Drop shipped from China, via HK and arrived in "usual" packaging - bubble wrapped in about 8 layers. Thanks again, Royal Mail - took 4 days from posting to door ;)

I received SOH 46 (ETA) on Friday afternoon, in Black, on a Black Leather Deployant. Looks pretty good to me, but then I am a Breitling Noob ;). Definitely not as solid as a Rollie Sub, but far better looking...

The Deployant strap is very uncomfortable and digs into the underside of my wrist and have a feeling that this is due to the overall length of the deployany clasp, itself. It's about an inch and a quarter long and pretty straight. Not sure if the Gen is the same?

I will post pics of it later on.

Would have preferred the Mesh Link but its not available on the 1:1 copy (24mm between the lugs), but only on the 21J version which is 22mm between the lugs. The Rubber strap was out of stock so too what they had available. V2 Case, "P" on SuperOcean aligns with "A" in Automatic, Bezel notches extend to top of bezel...

Drop shipped from China, via HK and arrived in "usual" packaging - bubble wrapped in about 8 layers. Thanks again, Royal Mail - took 4 days from posting to door ;)

I'll be interested to see pics of this since i was told by a dealer it was no longer in production... Only Blue was available.

I asked Mary previously about getting parts for these and the factory does not want to sell individual components, only complete watches :(

I think the black would definitely benefit from the 'colourless' Chief AR as the blue is perhaps a little too blue on the rep, but I'm too scared to get it taken apart lol

Scruffy - please post pics and who you got it from! I'm interested to see what you got. I also wasn't aware that there was a 22mm lug model - is it the 38mm model?

The rep bracelet on these I understood to be non-adjustable, therefore pretty much useless. I think the aftermarket mesh from SeikoPrince (on ebay) on mine looks pretty good, even if it's not gen :)

Does this look blingy??

dscf4692a.jpg

I think it looks classy on mesh B)

Here are some photos...sorry about the dust and poor photography.

@ MemberX - The cheapo Asian21J apparently has a case which is not made 1:1 and measures 22mm across the lugs. I ordered the mesh strap separately and was informed by the dealer that it would not fit the 1:1 case housing 2824-2 movement.

post-26036-043977000 1280211718.jpg

post-26036-036629700 1280211762.jpg

post-26036-025418000 1280211790.jpg

post-26036-018008200 1280211821.jpg

post-26036-000841200 1280211851.jpg

post-26036-003778200 1280211892.jpg

post-26036-042167300 1280211935.jpg

Edited by Scruffy

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful getting it on the rep mesh - it's non-adjustable and only really fits if you have gorilla arms!

The rubber strap is better and very close to gen too :)

Yeah, I asked about the bracelet, and it's not adjustable (except micro at the clasp), as has been said before. She threw in a leather strap too, because of that. And, I intend to have a try at adjusting it (or the one I have, which is probably the same design). When I do, I'll post a thread in this section describing the process and resutls.

By the way, you're right about it being for a gorilla, my wrist is 7 5/8 and it's HUGE on me... dry.gif

Edited by BNWMan

Nope. That's no V2. I have seen this configuration lately...since the white/silver dial came out. Dare I say it is a V3. From what I can see it is a mix of the V1 and V2.

Case V1

Caseback V1

Bezel V1

Dial V1

Dial Markers V1

Dial Printing V2

Datewheel V2

Crown ??? My guess is V1

All in all still a lovely watch but it is not a true V2.

Krpster, what makes you think that the dial is V1? I don't see any evidence in this photo, or the ones posted at King Watch (http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=4410) for this item that there is a radial pattern embossed in this dial. Also, the photo of mine seems to show a difference between the V1 bezel coining on the one in your review and this one, however the photos on the website seem to show a definite V2 pattern. And again, the batons on the photo of mine look more like your V1, but the photos on the website look more like your V2 to me. The lume dots do look more like the V1 in your review than the V2.

In any case, the USPS website says that it was delivered to my house about an hour ago, so I guess we''ll see what I actually have in a few hours when I get home tonight.

The most obvious V1 items are the battons at 12, 3 and 9. They have a convex surface where as the V2 are flat, like the gen. The lume dot circles are also indicative of the V1 but really are just a product of the dial print design where they seem to have fixed the alignment of the P and A. The appearance of the dial also looks V1 ie: the sunburst pattern in black. The V2 black is the continuous texture dial surface. So overall the dial looks to me like a V1 with the font alignment corrected. This of course is all based on the photo from BMWman in post #64. The photos in the listing on King's website definitely look like a V2. The dial, bezel and caseback are all correct. It will be interesting to see what you get. Post up some pics when you can so we can see if in fact the initial subject of this thread is still true.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately. Yes, the watch was there as expected. Krpstr is correct about the batons, being V1, and I'm not sure about how to tell the difference between V1 and V2 (they aren't perfect, that for sure). But the dial definitely is NOT sunburst pattern, although I expected the surface to be a little more matte (it's very glossy and mirror-like). The rest of his analysis is probably correct; clearly this is not a pure V2. I promise I will get to photos tonight.

The mesh bracelet ends appear to be either welded on or epoxied somehow, as even a torch resulted in only smoke, without loosening anything. I will take another stab at it this weekend, but it appears that they just plain can not be dissassembled.

• 4 weeks later...