When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project wrap up; Rolex 5514

Just a couple pics of a recent project that is just finishing up. I began this one roughly 6 months ago; the process of gathering parts has been slow and with plenty of pitfalls along the way. I think I've purchased at least two of everything over in trying to get the right combination of parts that i) worked well together and ii) achieved the look and aesthetics that I was after.

Here's what we have:
-Genuine Rolex 1520, serviced and overhauled by The Zigmeister.
-Genuine Rolex 5513 dial; original and untouched.
-Genuine Rolex 5513 Submariner Lumi hands, relumed in a vintage tone by The Zigmeister.
-Genuine 25-19 crystal.
-Genuine fat font tritium insert.
-Genuine bezel.
-Genuine 703 crown (waiting to be installed).
-Genuine 7030 tube (waiting to be installed).
-Phong case
-Genuine 2mm rolex springbars.

Bracelet for the interim is a Franken in and of itself; gen 580 ends and 93150 clasp; links are 93150 rep links. I am searching for a bracelet that looks just right, and will swap when acquired.

For the sake of brevity, and without further adieu, pics... (I'll fill in more of the back story at a later time) smile.gif

The case back is temporary as I'm having a custom piece made. Hopefully that will be done by the end of the month.

Thanks for looking! happy.gif

//ubi

Looks great...

As I was looking at the close ups of the dial lume, my first though was that I really screwed up the lume application on this one, it looks terrible, the lume is not centered on the white background markers and everyone is going to comment on what a terrible lume job I did...then I went back up and re-read your description, which says that it's a gen dial and untouched. Ok, that explains it...

Guess I have to re-adjust my application technique to match the misalignment from the factory. :)

Well done R, enjoy.