When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vanilla and black for BR03 B&W

dangerous9

Hi all,

I'm just really excited about how this one turned out for Simon founder of BR-avo.com gen Bell&Ross dedicated form. I had done a strap for his military in vintage tan and Olive that he liked a lot, but while he was watching the slide show of the build for that strap, he fell in love with the color of the natural leather and wanted to make him one for his BR03 Black&White Chrono. After I warned he that the strap will get darker with age and turn to a nice vintage tan in time, he was ever more convinced that he wanted one and gave me the go ahead.

Of course untreated leather would just be a dirt and stain magnet, so before I stitched it up, I put a couple layers of satin sheen clear top coat and a heavy coat of water proofing in order to try to avoid water spots.

He asked for the lightest natural vegetable tanned leather and black linen stitching - a bold combo as you can see (Simon's got a great sense of style). The leather I use was the highest quality vegetable tanned leather made. Its cream white, has no flaws or scarring and is soft as my baby daughter's bottom (sorry Amelie ). My supplier keeps these hides wrapped in heavy paper to keep them white, as light exposure will begin the natural darkening process.

Here's the build and final strap:

(just click in the photo to start the slide show) enjoy!!

th_DSC00316.jpg