When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lady in Red.... Real or Replica?

JoJo35

Hey JoJo, you might want to read Mark Lerman's post on VRF from yesterday. He goes into all the red subs and what you call a Mark III, he's now referring to as a Mark IV. He now has three different meters first dials before the feet first dials.

Hey JoJo, you might want to read Mark Lerman's post on VRF from yesterday. He goes into all the red subs and what you call a Mark III, he's now referring to as a Mark IV. He now has three different meters first dials before the feet first dials.

Alligoat, thanks so much for posting that thread up. Here's the link. That has got to be the most inclusive and informative thread I have ever read about the red 1680's. Definitely worth saving for those interested in gen vintage! Lol, looks like the "so called" Mk #'s got revised again! :drinks:

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the date wheel (other than mjmj) or crystal? Both interesting early variants as well.

Shucks, and here I thought I was the only one with a crystal like that! Of course yours is in slightly better condition than mine... :rolleyes:

4.jpg

Shucks, and here I thought I was the only one with a crystal like that! Of course yours is in slightly better condition than mine... :rolleyes:

4.jpg

Beautiful! Don't change a thing :)

Nanuq, what you have there is the rarest of the rare. Original and never replaced Cyclop 127 Dome. Two other watches that I examined in NYC and almost purchased had these crystals (both were MkII chocolate dialed "meters-first" 1680's). Wear well, and enjoy the beauty of the cyclop! :victory: