When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6265 Ubi style

Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well. Been busy with work and life; I've not had much chance to get on the forum to see what's new, but thought I'd share a recent build that I've been working on over the past few weeks smile.gif

This project started as more of a side project; I had picked up bits and pieces here and there but started to really gain focus once things had started to progress.

So, without further adieu (and because I'm a bit constrained on time), the recipe list:

-Phong 6265 case
-Valjoux 72 movement
-Genuine RSC service lumi dial
-Genuine RSC service lumi hands
-Genuine 25-21 crystal
-Genuine 703 crown/tube
-Genuine 7835 folded link bracelet

Pics:

Need to send this one off for a service, however... But in the meantime, a fun piece to have smile.gif

Thanks for looking!

//ubi

• Like 1

I couldn't view the pictures from behind the firewall at work, though -knowing Ubi's standards- I could have safely commented, "HOLY CRAP! THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 6265 FRANKEN I'VE EVER SEEN!"

Well, I'm home now. So... HOLY CRAP! THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 6265 FRANKEN I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

I wept when I saw the macro of the Big Red service dial. So #@$@% beautiful... :cry2:

Thanks, gents!

As with most any project, I certainly endured my fair share of hiccups along the way.

I originally started with a DW case that wouldn't fit the movement (kind of a status quo issue with that case). I was going to press on with having the DW shell modified by jmb to fit the V72, but decided to opt for the Phong case instead (with some friendly persuasion from Mr. Torres).

Parts were collected over the last few weeks... The plans for which were initially drawn towards the end of my 5514 project. Everything kind of just fell into place with parts, so doing this one in my spare time was fairly manageable.

Now all it needs is a service to ensure longevity :)

As per request, I'll get some pics with the 16520 up soon...

Thanks again for the kind words!

//ubi