When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

www.watchmaker9.tv - reconsider doing business with them

qa8ubag9

Hi,

If you are considering ordering from George and watchmaker9.tv please reconsider.

Long story made short I made a pre-order for the sea dweller sending my funds in good faith and after multiple delays (said it would be ready by a certain month and when that month arrives they push it back more months) over a year later I have received no watch and no estimate to when the watch will become available.

I requested a refund which George agreed to and after some weeks the refund did not materialize and my emails were no longer responded to.

After explaining the situation to my credit card company and submitting email correspondence as fraud evidence the credit card company (and not George) issued me a refund.

I have in the distant past had successful dealings with George and watchmaker9.tv. Unfortunately after this wasteful and downright criminal experience I will no longer do business with them. I ask you: do you want to do business with someone like this?

And I am not alone. Consider the various posts made by different people on their own discussion forum: http://www.watchmaker9forum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

Buyer beware!

I understand there are some problems with WM9 atm. But anyway it seems a bit strange to me that you register her and post this thread 5 minutes later (your one and only post). Looks like you only registered to post this - well, you can say you want to warn us but nevertheless this seems a bit fishy to me... :g:

You are not telling us anything we do not already know and your dealings with the CC company may not help either. I fully understand your situation but some here have been waiting longer than that and know it is par for the course with George. A shame you did not read some of th erelated posts before your actions were taken. :victory:

• 2 months later...

Can you explain more detail about the way you use your credit card company no have a refund?

I am there

Dont hold your breath mate, the guy posted this back in August made one post and thats it!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The site in question now has its domain name up for sale, so please get off the new posters case (which I am also one.) He was warning everyone about someone who now has fled the web. If this was the way the guy conducted his business,as another poster states, why would anyone stickup for him (other than a personal friend?) If he was having money difficulties, a little, simple, honest communication would have sufficed, to most, and may have prevented ill words being posted about the website.

Edited by scocope

The site in question now has its domain name up for sale, so please get off the new posters case (which I am also one.) He was warning everyone about someone who now has fled the web. If this was the way the guy conducted his business,as another poster states, why would anyone stickup for him (other than a personal friend?) If he was having money difficulties, a little, simple, honest communication would have sufficed, to most, and may have prevented ill words being posted about the website.

First, welcome. I see you joined today. The issue with WM9(George) has been going on a long time and has been discussed here in countless threads. Of all the threads I have read (I am waiting on a WM9 as well, paid in full), I have yet to find anyone sticking up for him. What Pete was stating is that this thread is old and all has been discussed and is out there for people to find. In this hobby patience is very important (2 years for a watch is nuts) but what else are you going to do?

I hope you enjoy the forum.