When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Daytona - Kill Bill Vol. 2

redwatch

A few people in watch forums have suggested that that this may be an in-joke by Tarantino i.e. a replica of an icon,

just as The Bride wears Bruce Lee's colors, or -more generally- the way QT's movies pay homage to all the exploitation flicks rattling around his brain.

Honestly, though, I think that's giving Tarantino too much credit. I've never seen or read anything to suggest that he's into watches. Or cars, for that matter.

Typically rep watches are used in the filming of a movie unless there is a product placement deal or the actor/actress actually owns the piece... why? an actor may do 2-5 scenes in a day.... so, the actor may be taking off and on the piece and it may have to hang around on the set... a genuine watch, a Daytona in this case, could be stolen by one of the 100 or so people milling around (shooting crew, extras, service, catering, etc).... but a rep won't be...

Remember the ebay auction a couple of years ago for The Rock's fake PAM in the Gridiron Gang movie? Also, I believe Turtle from Entourage was wearing a rep PAM this season...

f

Typically rep watches are used in the filming of a movie unless there is a product placement deal or the actor/actress actually owns the piece... why? an actor may do 2-5 scenes in a day.... so, the actor may be taking off and on the piece and it may have to hang around on the set... a genuine watch, a Daytona in this case, could be stolen by one of the 100 or so people milling around (shooting crew, extras, service, catering, etc).... but a rep won't be...

Remember the ebay auction a couple of years ago for The Rock's fake PAM in the Gridiron Gang movie? Also, I believe Turtle from Entourage was wearing a rep PAM this season...

f

Interesting point LoS! Never even thought of that.

Nice to see you around again too! :D