When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do You Think Of This Panerai Crown ? - Photos Compared To The Genuine And Rep Crown

V

Silix crown.

Really? I've never been able to get their Web site to load in under 10 minutes per page if at all.. might be worth the wait if they sell these babies as parts--Do they offer these aftermarket, or only on their watches? How do their guards look?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks pretty nice.

OT: Anyone knows which PAM has brushed crown guard?

I believe they started using brushed crowns from 2004 on Historic PAMs (Base and Marina), that means Series G, H and I. Of course some of the contemporary models (auto's etc) have had brushed crown guards from their conception.

Hey, if this is really Sillix crown than we could finally expect some "normal" pricing e.g $30 or so, without having to dish out $75 for one of Palpatine's.

cheers,

babola

they are miles away from the gen crowns,

Are we talking about the same crown? :blink:

I can see that maybe it is not as good as palps, but it is definately not 'miles way' from the genuine.

But I will tell for sure when I will get it and compare it with my genuine crown.

Wouldn't it be great to just don some coveralls with the OP-logo on 'em, the name "Guido" embroided on the chest, stroll into the Panerai factory, all whistling and nodding to your fellow italians..

Walk casually over to the great big box with all the freshly machined, fat, shiny wonderful crowns, and scoop up a whole handful of them, put them in the pocket of your replica coveralls, reach in there again, and fill the other pocket...

Turn around, smiling to the foreman who didn't see what you just did, and walk out of there... Big real smile on your lips..?

Maybe, if the factory were in Italy...

-O

Well I got today the crown today... All I can say is that it is VERY VERY close to the genuine...

Same thickness (although it is not so visible from the photos) and same bevel (the depth on the outside)

It has a few teeth less but it is definately not noticable without comparing it in flesh with the genuine and by knowing what to look for.

I got this crown from homer for 15£ which is 28$ paypaled and shipped.

Photos here:

126777-20202.jpg

126777-20203.jpg

126777-20204.jpg

Well I got today the crown today... All I can say is that it is VERY VERY close to the genuine...

Same thickness (although it is not so visible from the photos) and same bevel (the depth on the outside)

It has a few teeth less but it is definately not noticable without comparing it in flesh with the genuine and by knowing what to look for.

I got this crown from homer for 15£ which is 28$ paypaled and shipped.

Photos here:

It looks good to me! How did you find out he had them available - just by contacting him in the hope he had spare crowns, or are they advertised elsewhere?

It looks good to me! How did you find out he had them available - just by contacting him in the hope he had spare crowns, or are they advertised elsewhere?

Yeap.. i ve bought some stuff from homer before and thought to give it a try..

This crown was removed from a watch to send it to me.

As he has told me he will now order just crowns from the factory and in 1-2 weeks he will have them sold as spare parts.

V-

Great find. I come out where a number of others do. Important upgrade at an affordable price. If you are obsessed with perfection you pay more for Palp 2.0 which should be forthcoming. In truth between 2.1 Palp and this one I would choose Homer's in terms of closer to gen (irrespective of price). With the upcoming 2.0's from Palp, us lucky members will now have a number of choices. People can choose whether they want to get as close to gen as possible and pay up for "more teeth" on the 2.0 , buy Palp 2.1 for that "fat" look or purchase Homer's which look very good and are at a very good price. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Needless to say, I certainly hope anyone who had ordered from Palp and has yet to pay will live up to their order. :)

V-

Great find. I come out where a number of others do. Important upgrade at an affordable price. If you are obsessed with perfection you pay more for Palp 2.0 which should be forthcoming. In truth between 2.1 Palp and this one I would choose Homer's in terms of closer to gen (irrespective of price). With the upcoming 2.0's from Palp, us lucky members will now have a number of choices. People can choose whether they want to get as close to gen as possible and pay up for "more teeth" on the 2.0 , buy Palp 2.1 for that "fat" look or purchase Homer's which look very good and are at a very good price. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Needless to say, I certainly hope anyone who had ordered from Palp and has yet to pay will live up to their order. :)

Yeah.. it is the least of my intentions and it will be very bad to see people cancel their orders from palp to get this crown.

I know the timing is not the best but I have many reasons for this..

As you all know from the past years I am not a perfectionist and i definately not trying to have the 'as close as it gets' rep.

Now Randys moto 'quality over quantity' got in my rep hobby by finding some interesting parts I HAD to do the 'as close as it gets'.

So one week ago I was starting to search for my perfect crown. I have not even read palps topic about it since last week. I dont have a clue about Lello Pamela or any other crown.

I guess I am lucky with good timing or I know where to search and I found this very nice crown at an affortable price.

I am in no way affiliated in Homer, his crowns or whatever.. and I definately I don't want to ruin Palps effort to bring an upgrate to the forum.

I just found the crown, liked it and thought to share it with you guys.

Nice looking crown and a fair price. I have one of Palp's crowns for my 063 and it was worth the price, for me. I visited the AD recently and I've mentioned this in a previous post, but in my opinion, after looking pretty closely, crowns on the gens differ in thickness. The manual wind crowns looked thicker to me than those on the auto watches.

Nice find V.

Climb on.

Nice find V, but the teeth are not defined very good (in your pics at least) The palp crown appears to have finer cuts for the ridges and a few more teeth as well (closer to genuine) Good price as well for the cost conscious, but to me this is like putting mag wheels on a volkswagon. I'd rather get a porsche (the Palp crown) and be done with it.

I'm with phoband and appreciate Palps efforts as well

The teeth are very well defined and comparing it with the genuine side by side it is the exact thickness (while palps is thicker) but it has a few less teeth (maybe when i will be bored to death i will count them)

This crown on a watch fitted it will be VERY close to the gen. No one is ever gonna say it is a replica because of the crown..

They will have PLENTY of other details to identify the watch.

At the moment we are trying to improve as much as we can our Volkswagens. :)

If you want a Porsche I guess you buy a genuine Pam ;)