When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

116610 Ceramic Submariner

watcher

Ple

As I do remeber, Andrew was offering ceramic bezels for both 116610 and 116613 for $25 i think. Just have a look at his site, in rolex accessories section i think. I can PM you link when i get back home if you still need one.

That would be great if you could post a link!  Thanks!

ok so here you go.

andrew carries it here:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_89&products_id=10461

perfect clones:

http://www.p-cls.com/0rlbzsub-black-ceramic-bezel-submariner-116600-p-13340.html

more dealers cary them, just ask them and choose wichever you want. i have no info about availability, so you have to ask them prior.

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew as well as Josh sell the latest bp ceramic sub which is in my opinion more accurate than the noob v1 except of the glidlock issue but with some luck you receive a working one. But if you can wait some more time do it and read the reviews about the noob v2 which TDs are starting to sell at the very moment. It seems to be more accurate than the bp and for sure much better than noob v1. If you can't wait go for the bp sub from trusty or josh and enjoy it since its very very nice and take the asian eta it works buttery smooth (imo at least) ;)

I usually deal with Andrew but he's not in for the noob rightnow so I suggest to go with toro or puretime..both are TD's so no worries at all! Nevertheless I would wait for a review about the noob v2. A lot of members already ordered it so its only a question of short time until first reviews pop up!

• 2 weeks later...

Connie confirms that the BP clasp issue has been fixed.

Alternative can supply me the Noob 16613 bracelet as spare for $60,it worths to buy it?

Hmm I bought mine about 3 months ago and there the issue was not fixed. Maybe it is now but you can never go wrong with the noob clasp since the quality is better anyway. Post some pics when you receive it! The bp is a keeper thats for sure ;)

Ok thats good news! Hmm I am pleased with the bp strap..nevertheless the noob must be a bit higher quality acordingly to a lot other members. Never saw it my own though. Moreover I am not quite sure if the SEL would be that great with the noob strap on the bp case..So my advice is to try the bp strap first and if you feel like you need a better one try the noob..many TDs are able to source it for you! And please add some pics when you receive ur baby ;)

Hmm I bought mine about 3 months ago and there the issue was not fixed. Maybe it is now but you can never go wrong with the noob clasp since the quality is better anyway. Post some pics when you receive it! The bp is a keeper thats for sure ;)

I have a BP with noob bracelet fitted. The BP bracelet was OK but I could tell the noob was superior in more ways right out of the box. First, the BP feels less finished as the edges are sharper on the bracelet and some aspects of the clasp are intolerably sharp. Second, when closed, the fold-over part sits much higher and results in the clasp floating further away from the wrist. Very ungen-like. Finally, while the glidelock did work and ratchet to different positions within the clasp, it did not have the positive solid action of the noob bracelet and was more prone to slipping if, for example, you opened the clasp too quickly. 

The noob fits the BP case perfectly. Just slightly recessed from the lugs and the brushed surface matches the finish of the BP case. Zero lug gap or play after I wrapped some 2.0mm gen-sized bars with a single layer of cellophane tape. As we all know, lug gap issues are an obvious tell that plague many v2 noobs.

Mine cost an extra 85 USD from my dealer. It's not cheap but well-made bracelets never are. A super oyster from Yobokies or Tungchoy for a Seiko would cost about the same but would not have the highly convenient glidelock clasp.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These are excellent reps right out of the box. Honestly, it's VERY hard to notice any discernable difference. This is the nicest and most accurate rep oob I've ever had. Not sure why you would pay a premium to BK for this. To each his own. Great rep, though. I really had a hard time telling which is which.

It seems the noob version was a bit overhyped and the BP wasnt so bad after all.

Qualitywise the noob wins it, but I have a BP with noob clasp and I am a happy camper.

7ab24891-cb18-4fb2-a3ee-c57bfad9f341_zps

Hey Whered you buy this Sub rep? Does it have the glidelock and new bracelet with the proper rolex engraving?

I am wearing an 116610 BP purchased in the last 3 weeks, totally amazing watch other than the bracelet clasp ...... I am seeing that Noob bracelet is better so how do I purchase one ? any links would be great please guys :)

If I need to buy a whole watch just for the bracelet then so be it ...... but is the quality the same from errr cheapest Asian movement through to Swiss 2136 (regarding bracelets) ??

Edited by sodall2doo

just ask a dealer to sell you the noob bracelet only. just keep in mind andrew and josh don't sell noob stuff as much as i am aware off. But pretty much every other TD should be able to source it for you. enjoy your bp!

Thanks Sputim for such a speedy reply :)  .... is there a page for dealers that I am not aware of ? sorry for my ineptitude :(

Edited by sodall2doo