When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recent experience with Andrew (Trusty Time)

iss596

I recently ordered two new watches from Andrew (trustywatchguy), 7 days ago to be exact. The grand total for the order was supposed to be 551.00. A few days later i notice two charges on my checking account; one for like 578.00 and another for like 17.00. I thought it was a bit strange and figured that maybe they got my order wrong. So I go back to see a confirmation of my order (i always take a screen print and save to PDF for my personal records for anything i purcahse online) and it was in fact supposed to only be 551.00.

I emailed Andrew (i had his email address stored in my contacts b/c I ordered from him about 3 or 4 years ago) and asked why I was charged more. a day or two goes by and no reply. I logon to his website and email my question / complaint via the "contact us" page. Still no reply. In my message I also asked what the typical lead time is these days b/c last time I ordered from him I received an email with tracking status in about 2 days and got my watch a few days later. To date i have not received any communication.

Like I mentioned, I have ordered from him in the past and all has been well, still use the watch today. Maybe he is just busy these days or something but considering it's been 7 days since my order and I haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever, I'm starting to get a little worried.

Anyone recently purchase from Andrew? Anyone have the same experience?

Many threads on this board discussing the Chinese New Year, this is just another reason why people need to get involved before ordering.

You will have to wait until at least the 15th of Feb (some say 18th) before anyone returns to work.

Ken

Sorry to hear about your experience. But Ken is right. Let this be a lesson to all, who are contemplating ordering around January next year. Chinese spring holiday (new year) shuts down a lot of businesses in China. I agree with Ken, People should be asking questions about dealers and business, before ordering.. not afterwards. You'll hear from Andrew once the holiday is over. :) I'm sure it will get resolved! keep us posted

CNY for sure, I've not heard of Andrew taking that long to respond at any other time of the year!

As has been stated by others, it's best to know the approx time of CNY in this hobby, being a member since 08 I thought you would have known about CNY?!

As for the extra payment, that one is very strange! I'm sure it will all get sorted once things get back to normal.

Hope you enjoy your watch when it arrives mate!

Sixx :bones:

Andrew has answered all my communications in the past 2 weeks within 12 hours max. This seems very odd that you would be overcharged. Is the receipt for the purchase the same as what was paid? I cannot think Andrew would jeopordise his charge card payments for an extra few bucks. No doubt this will be remedied. Dont worry.

Are u sure u ordered from correct site? There are scam Trusty ones

He said he mailed Andrew on his emailadress so should be ok......CNY for sure, I have only the best experiences with Andrew, the fastest replies on the planet, 0.4 seconds.....

No seriously, he will sort it out, he lives in Singapore but goes to CN for the Newyear.Did you pay with pp or creditcard? Strange that not approved amounts are taken from your account??

I sent an email to Andrew this morning asking about a specific watch and received answer within hours ... so he is there!

Ditto previous post. He's there and working. Unfortunately, one of the e-mails I received from Andrew was that he just received word from the factory that the PAM049 (40mm) I ordered is no longer being made and is unavailable. Anyone have luck from another dealer on getting one of these?

I have small wrists and picking a good watch that won't make me look like I have a small laptop strapped to my arm is tough.

I'm now trying to figure out what to get instead. Anyone have any suggestions that might fall into the same type of look as the 049( I wanted the white dial)? I love the look of PAMs but 44mm is on the outer edge for me.

Are there 44mms that wear "smaller"? APs?

UPDATE..

I got a reply back from Andrew yesterday evening. My bad on this one guys. I feel like a goof :) I never gave it a thought about CNY nor the currency Exchange. I typically use paypal to purchase things so I never noticed the extra charge but this time I used a ccard. Andrew explained that the extra charges are not appied by him but by the card issuing bank and the gateway bank which makes complete sense considering these days the US dollar isn't worth wha it used to be :thumbdown:

As mentioned previously, I have ordered from Andrew in the past and every experience has been great and aside from the currency exchange and CNY, which he has no control over, this time I'm sure will be the same (me being a happy camper with my rep additions).

According to Andrew, my ordered will be processed after the 13th so I should expect to see my new rep's in about a week from now. I'll be sure post pics as soon as they come in!

Many threads on this board discussing the Chinese New Year, this is just another reason why people need to get involved before ordering.

You will have to wait until at least the 15th of Feb (some say 18th) before anyone returns to work.

Ken

"people need to get Involved before ordering" couldn't agree more.

I expected this would be resolved. I just ordered two watches from Andrew end of January, and received one of them (DeWitt Academia) 9 days later. The other one is a PAM 177 which I understand is out of stock but I haven't been bothering Andrew about it. I trust him to get it to me when it becomes available again.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

still haven't received order or any notification about the tracking # of my two rep's. i ordered them on 2/4 but b/c of the CNY, it's taking a while. hope to hear something soon from Andrew as it'll be 3 weeks this week since my order date. :(

Dont worry,It might take a little longer but you are dealing with one of the most trusted and well respected dealers around,you will get your watches.:)

• 1 month later...