When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Understated and Basic: Project 1016 Wrap Up

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you like to see specifically?

The shape of the hour & seconds hands. Is your seconds hand pointed/flat-edged & does the inner lume section your hour hand terminate along the arc of the center hole or does it begin a bit beyond it

post-3175-0-18741500-1297722465.jpg

Again, it may just be the way I am seeing things in your pics, but I thought it best to ask.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I do appreciate it!

R: I'm curious... How are you wearing this? Did you get the 78360 like you planned?

And to echo J's comment above, I'm honored to have contributed to this perfect build, and enjoyed our discussions immensely.

I think it's no longer possible, but I would've loved a group shot with your 5500 and 14270 Explorers! v.gif

I’m currently sporting it on a NATO for the time being. A 78360 is in transit now, so as soon as it arrives, I’ll likely make the transition smile.gif

Unfortunately, the 5500 and 14270 are long gone… No group pic opportunity this time sad.gif I thought about maybe doing another 14270, except with a gen Rolex 3000 movement, but the cost : build ratio just doesn't add up. Pre-owned gens go for less than what it would cost to put one together black_eye.gif

Very Nice R, i just found the one i built was too small, why did the lugs have to be drilled on the 1601 case? are they smaller lug holes on that?

You are correct, sir; the 1601 DateJust has smaller lug holes for the springbars. The 1016 Explorer has the larger 2mm springbars that you would normally find in the 1680, 1665 etc (i.e. the same as most of the Sport models excluding the Daytona 62xx).

Disgusting, utterly disgusting! ;-)

I know laugh.gif

I am glad that I was able to play a very small part in this beautiful project. thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Couldn't have done this without you, jmb, LHOOQ and stilty! smile.gif

Would be interesting to hear a rundown of your collection (with pictures if possible victory.gif) . Some of them I know, but not all...

Here's how my RWG collection looks as of current happy.gif
My RWG collection is comprised largely of pieces I've built as a result of my addiction here on this forum smile.gif I've included a couple of my gens in this mix as well since these are the ones that I usually wear and share with the forum, post in wrist shots, etc.

Thanks as always for looking smile.gif

//ubi

Thanks, gents!

The collection of builds and frankensteins is always evolving in some shape or manner. Kinda funny thinking about it, as at times I'll tend to get to a point where it feels or seems as though there's nothing more that I really want to build. But then let's face it, there's always something that needs to be done, right?

Lately, it seems as though the planning and initiation of the last few projects have somehow managed to get going off the ground before the current projects in progress had even come close to being finished. Usually I try to focus on one at a time, but this year is off to an odd sort of start :)