When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Breitling Wristie thread!....

Dave123

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for your comments,

unfortunately, the only breitling still in my collection is the blue franken SA, all others have been sold.

i also have had about 10 more BCE's and 2 SOH's but no wristies of those.

my favorite among the ones i have sold was the bentley 6.75, but the fact that it could not be waterproof

made me sell it. when i wear a watch i have to be able to do anything with it, without being to carefull.

thats the reason i have a deposit on a Gen Seawolf SS :thumbsupsmileyanim: . i will post pics of this one when i get it.

The mods on the 6.75 were, chief double AR, amazing!

The Zigmeister relume and service, thats is where the subdial hands have been

moved, and it was a mistake, but never bothered me.

the new version of the 6.75 gen, has the hands like that anyways.

seing my pics, i really miss a franken white SA too, i might get another one on the way.

In order of increasing diameter:

42.5mm Breitling Navitimer Tricompax TT:

DSC07568.jpg

43.5mm Breitling Montbrillant Datora

photo2.jpg

46mm Breitling Navitimer World

0f780ac1.jpg

Family Shot:

DSC07569.jpg

And the monster:

48.5mm Breitling Montbrillant Legendé

e17cbde7.jpg

:D

I'm man enough for a GMT :) I've noticed on my wrist the Legendé looks like a Standard Navi does... I've been blessed (cursed?) with a flattish but wide wrist, and fairly standard at 7.5 inches. That GMT does look like it's about to eat that Blinged out SA... :)

I'm man enough for a GMT :) I've noticed on my wrist the Legendé looks like a Standard Navi does... I've been blessed (cursed?) with a flattish but wide wrist, and fairly standard at 7.5 inches. That GMT does look like it's about to eat that Blinged out SA... :)

The Legende doesnt wear as large as it is. It seems flatter, if that is the right way to describe it. The SA sits higher.

The Legende doesnt wear as large as it is. It seems flatter, if that is the right way to describe it. The SA sits higher.

Agreed, the Legendé really wraps around the wrist and is probably the most comfortable watch to wear, even though the weight (which is iMMENSE!) is noticeable.. Never tried on an SA but might do, considering all these amazing frankens in the thread, those Gen dials look pretty amazing. Might have to zero in one, if any of you guys have a spare Gen blue batons franken lying around, not getting any attention... :)

Sorry guys, I have to ask.

Is this Bently GMT a rep???????? :shock:

Please excuse my ignorance as I am only familiar with AP´s for the last years.

Cheers

Theo

No it is a Gen. Movement is too complex to rep...running seconds @3, GMT Function and 30s chrono...can't get all of that out of a 7750...well with enough effort anythign is possible, but you will have a DW that is sunken a foot.

Edited by Bike Mike

:lol:

There is a rep made of this watch,seen it on Watchedens site a while back but it is indeed total crap,then again what would i expect from his site. :yuk:

Yep, and there was also one with a actual running 30 sec. chrono, but no 24hr hand function. Never saw much of it.

Yep, and there was also one with a actual running 30 sec. chrono, but no 24hr hand function. Never saw much of it.

Which rep is closest to resembling the actual functions of the original? I would have thought adding a GMT hand was a few gears, and the 30s counter is simply different gear ratios. Of course every gear train mod brings the datewheel lower and lower and lower...:)

That GMT really is beautiful...shame it goes for so much in Gen form. Might give it the once-over at an AD.