When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A hilarious scam attempt on the bay!

jmarin.72

Ok, about a week ago i listed my Iphone 4 (which was finally bought by an RWG member yesterday) on the bay at a buy it now price of 1030usd

A buyer with 0 feedback bid and won it at this price... while i was waiting for the payment to be sent through ebay, this guy sends me an email asking me my PP address and if i was willing to send the phone to his friend in Nigeria since it was meant to be a birthday present.

Naturally i responded that he should first complete payment through the EBAY route, i also sent him a second invoice i case he had failed to receive the one the EBAY had sent him.

I received a second email at my gmail account asking me again to send him my PP address, i told him that he should follow ebay rules and pay me through there. He said he did not want to go through ebay and asked me my PP address for the third time... after that i received a notification from a paypalverified@easy.com address that a payment has been made to my gmail address which of course is not my PP address!!!

Here is the email

66365746.jpg

Note that although the amount he had to send was 1090 (1030+60 shipping), he allegedly send 1105 usd!!!

Take a look at our emails exchange, you might find it interesting!!! :drinks:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:38 PM, John Mar <jmarin.72@gmail.com> wrote:

First you fail to comply to the EBAY rules and try to fool me with a fake PAYPAL verification note that a sum of 1105usd (although the price that you had to pay was only 1090!!!)has been sent to jmarin.72@gmail.com...although i have already told you that this is not my PP account...

Second you have the nerve to call me a scammer and threaten me with a US military report....

C'mon now... accept the fact that the scam that you have tried to pull did not work and move on to the next victim my friend...

Have nice day!!!

Oh and BTW, even if what you said was true, that you have sent funds to PP account jmarin.72@gmail.com...

First... there is no such PP account

Second... read below the notification this account has received from "PAYPAL", notice that mentions that the funds will not be credited to this account (which of course does not exist!!!) until the owner sends tracking number... hence... not tracking number... no funds transfer....so you did not lose anything... assuming that you have send funds to this account.... which of course this is not true....as we both very well know...

Now, i cannot believe that you are so idiot to think that i would fall for any of your stupid tricks and claims...

So move on and try to find a new victim for your tricks.

Dear John Mar,

You have been sent a PayPal® payment of USD 1105.00 for an ebay item 320673998272# from one of our Member,Mr Josh Cole (colejosh61@yahoo.com) for a recent item purchased from you.

Money Request Details

Payment Details

Buyer's User ID:

colejosh61@yahoo.com

Seller Email:

jmarin.72@gmail.com

Amount:

USD 1030.00

Shipping and handling:

USD 75.00

Total Amount:

USD 1105.00

Important Note:

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

Send shipment reference/tracking number to us or email us through our Customer Care Service at: paypalverified@easy.com and our Customer Care Service will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment reference/tracking number for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Josh Cole <colejosh61@yahoo.com> wrote:

u are a scammer u scammed me after paying that sum of money to your paypal account i have reported you to the US military and u are on trail...so if my friend didn't recieve the item you will surely go to jail....... [censored] you......

On Fri, 25/3/11, John Mar <jmarin.72@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: HI!!

To: "Josh Cole" <colejosh61@yahoo.com>

Date: Friday, 25 March, 2011, 4:21

The item is not for sale anymore, you have failed to follow the ebay rules.

Goodbye

2011/3/25 Josh Cole <colejosh61@yahoo.com>

it is now 1wk 2days to my friend birthday so pls kindly get to me with ur paypal email address so i can pay for ur item.............thanks.

--- On Wed, 23/3/11, John Mar <jmarin.72@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: HI!!

To: "Josh Cole" <colejosh61@yahoo.com>

Date: Wednesday, 23 March, 2011, 12:45

For the last time, EBAY has sent you a detailed invoice, just click on and pay through there, i will not send you my paypal address.

2011/3/23 Josh Cole <colejosh61@yahoo.com>

i dont knw i tought it is ur paypal email addresses and i m not a scammer pls i just wasted that sum of money.....................

i wish to get ur goods for a very good friend of mine as a birthday gift pls send me ur paypal email address so i can do the payment again..........

• Like 1

They always pay more they are trying to play to peoples greed.

I had an almost identical transaction when selling a friends phone a couple of years ago.

Wait a while and you will be notified that the payment came from a stolen card and so is cancelled.

Ken

Just go silent. Report him to eBay.

It is nice to know "the Military" is enforcing eBay transactions these days... :bicycle:

I hear there is now a No-Fly Zone over your house.

Well i only hope that he didn't call the Navy Seals or the Marines... i've heard they are pretty tough cookies :cry2:

But like Joerg said, i do have fun with this one!!! totally recommend as well :good:

funny stuff i had the same experience last year when i sold a brandnew 3gs on the bay :D other name but also nigera

and i also finaly sold it here at rwg :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got to say D, there is not a single sale i made in here that i regreted doing it, this is why RWG is my No1 and only place

for trading :drinks:

• 4 weeks later...

This is actually a pretty poor one... The ebay scams that buyers are pulling these days are out of control. And the worst part about it, no matter how good your seller feedback is ebay almost ALWAYS will side with they buyer.

Though it reminds me of these email scams going around:

I am sorry for using this medium to contact you, My name is Steve Owusu, I want to inquire from you if Gold business is movable business in your country.Sir, My Step Father he is old so he told me to take only 30 kilos Gold from the 250 kilos that belongs for our family so that I will sale the gold to further my education and take care of my life, sir I want you to advice me on how to send the 50 kilos of the gold to you by DHL or FEDEX.Sir right now the 50 kilos is with me, your urgent reply is highly needed,I want to use the money of the gold to pay my school fess,my father said that he will not pay my school fee again because he is not my biological father, my father died when I was 2yrs old. Please, advise me what to do now.

:bangin:

• 4 months later...

The Nigerian 419 scams are really becoming more creative. Lol. I wonder when these scammers would finally get a life.

But on the other side of the coin, there really are idiots born every minute. That's how these people go on thriving I guess... :scratch:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey i once won 132 million pounds from the nigerian consulate. I had to send them my bank account to verify my incoming funds. Then they wanted i think like 2000 or so. Thats a good trade off 132 million pounds for 2k who could beat a deal like that. I was in heaven! Imagine how many old people fall for these scumbags. The best is when they send you a scam email they spell half the words wrong. Who proofreads for them?