When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bogus Lv On Tz?

bruce79

The box is certainly rep, but the overexposed picture is doing a desperate job of hiding the CG's/pearl/date window etc.

Giveaway is the etched logo on the glass - a bit too visible from a distance.

Fake, and a very VERY stupid place to try sell it.

Hahahah, yes it has!

Heres the response I got from the admin at TZ within minutes of filing the report:

"I can not tell it's a counterfeit or not, but i deleted that post since it's a never worn watch. Please feel free to report back to us if he re-post again. Best regards, Kohei"

-Floris

Hahahah, yes it has!

Heres the response I got from the admin at TZ within minutes of filing the report:

"I can not tell it's a counterfeit or not, but i deleted that post since it's a never worn watch. Please feel free to report back to us if he re-post again. Best regards, Kohei"

-Floris

i am like you. i go there to see the gens. that had no place there. my 1 year old lv from el is much better than that watch and they have had made allot of advancements in that time. the admin would crap if he knew we called it out. if he couldn't tell it was a rep he doesn't know much about lv's.

Edited by hk45ca

i am like you. i go there to see the gens. that had no place there. my 1 year old lv from el is much better than that watch and they have had made allot of advancements in that time. the admin would crap if he knew we called it out. if he couldn't tell it was a rep he doesn't know much about lv's.

True. I am however not aware if this is an admin devoted to Rolexes. Don't forget the world TZ is a big one with many brands! Hell, being the admin of a site like that you wouldn't expect a dumbass to post a rep there!

True. I am however not aware if this is an admin devoted to Rolexes. Don't forget the world TZ is a big one with many brands! Hell, being the admin of a site like that you wouldn't expect a dumbass to post a rep there!
if you were a admin there and you weren't a rolly expert wouldn't you hand it over to the resident rolly expert before you bounced a post? i would.

if you were a admin there and you weren't a rolly expert wouldn't you hand it over to the resident rolly expert before you bounced a post? i would.

Oh of course. I assume there are admins for each section never the less. If I was an expert on a certain brand I would find it an honor to be an admin.

James Dowling is one of the Rolex moderators there. Sometimes, because of timezone differences (no pun intended), such items cannot be discussed in a timely manner; Dowling is in the UK; Kohei may be in a completely different part of the world, and hence, by the time the matter is discussed, it could be too late anyways with the watch sold. Therefore, if a posting violates any other rule or policy of the trading forum (as this one clearly has), then they'll remove it on the grounds of the evident violation, and not the technical one that needs to be reviewed and determined.

James Dowling is one of the Rolex moderators there. Sometimes, because of timezone differences (no pun intended), such items cannot be discussed in a timely manner; Dowling is in the UK; Kohei may be in a completely different part of the world, and hence, by the time the matter is discussed, it could be too late anyways with the watch sold. Therefore, if a posting violates any other rule or policy of the trading forum (as this one clearly has), then they'll remove it on the grounds of the evident violation, and not the technical one that needs to be reviewed and determined.

Anyway, I'm glad they take their abilities seriously. It's good to know that its been kept safe to the best of their ability, and hopefully to other member's contributions, as with these forums.

I'm sure the fact that the seller had 2 posts didn't help his cause. I'm just happy I was the 1st one to catch him. :bleh: Not sure why though. :mellow:

Indeed. Imagine those Intellectual Property guys on ebay, they're reporting all day, lol.

there is a time and place for everything and that was certainly neither for that watch.

Well said my friend ^_^

he could have come here and we would have been happy to talk to him about his watch, of course it wouldn't have sold for 4,000.00 or 5,000.00 either. it looked like about 125.00 with the crappy box to me if it was a eta. lol

he knew it was fake. i didn't see where he said he had all the papers for it. or did i overlook it?

he could have come here and we would have been happy to talk to him about his watch, of course it wouldn't have sold for 4,000.00 or 5,000.00 either. it looked like about 125.00 with the crappy box to me if it was a eta. lol

he knew it was fake. i didn't see where he said he had all the papers for it. or did i overlook it?

I didn't see it either.....but he probably 'misplaced' em......cough cough......