When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealers asking for CC scans

Admin Team

It has recently come to the Admin teams attention that at least one dealer has been asking for credit card scans.

We have spoken to the dealer in question and are satisfied that he has no malevolent reason for this but arose out of situations where he lost a lot of money to scammers.

However the team still feels strongly that (i) Asking for scans of members credit cards is fundamentally wrong and (ii) A credit card scan will not protect a dealer from a professional scammer anyway.

We will therefore be contacting all dealers and directing them to this posting and we ask the members to make us aware if this practice continues.

Thank you

Admin Team.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

What does that comment actually mean if I may be so bold as to ask?

Well, in the north (scandinavia) the norwegens are well known as the hmm how should i put this, they are known as the dumb/dull people (country) :D

Well, in the north (scandinavia) the norwegens are well known as the hmm how should i put this, they are known as the dumb/dull people (country) :D

:1a:

But still smarter than those whales....

whaling1.jpg

Ah Zeleni you forget that our Admin is a Norwegian.

I would go easy on that Red Bull if I was you. ;)

Ken

If Thomas reads this thread Zeleni will have to migrate to RWI :bangin:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

KB and GRAN, how would i ever forget that don tomaso is a Norwegian (i know he wants to be a Italian) :D im just joking around.

Gran that pic of thouse whales make me sick m8, when people hurts animals like this it cuts throu my heart!!!

But i have to say that i meet a few norwegian chicks in my life and f@cking all of them were horny and funny!

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

Gran that pic of thouse whales make me sick m8, when people hurts animals like this it cuts throu my heart!!!

It is sad for the whales true

save_the_whale_502135.jpg

In all fairness to the dealers, I have been asked for a cc scan when buying over the phone from a shop in a tourist destination on the west coast of Canada a few years ago. If I hadn't worked there in the distant past and didn't know the owner personally, I probably would have said no, and taken my business elsewhere. At the time, they were getting a lot of chargebacks from people claiming never to have been on vacation there, so staff had been instructed to protect the shop.