When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711

gran

The Patek Philippe Nautilus

A. GENUINE NAUTILUS IN DETAILS FIRST:

Current Mens Version: Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711

marketimage925091.jpg

Newest Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711-1A

marketimage925101.jpg

Current versions:

1. 5711-1A = All SSteel and on SSteel bracelet and Blue dial/face only

2. 5711G = White Gold and only on leather strap. Grey dial/face

3. 5711J = Yellow gold and only on leather strap. Silver dial/face

4. 5711R = PINK/RED gold and only on leather strap. Black dial/face

New accents in yellow, white and rose gold

22359.jpg

To spotlight the aesthetic combination of materials, the dials match the case color in each version. They are silvery for the yellow-gold model, a warmer brown-charcoal for the rose-gold model, and a cool slate gray for the white-gold model. The brown-charcoal dial is galvanized and lacquered to produce a light-to-dark gradation from the center to the periphery. The silvery gray and slate gray dials are galvanized and not gradated. All dials feature the distinctive Nautilus horizontal embossing pattern and large applied luminous hour markers in yellow, white or rose gold to match the case.

These new Nautilus Grande Taille variations are worn on alligator straps – safari black with white gold, chocolate with yellow gold, and dark brown with rose gold. The fold-over clasp in matching gold is a new three-part design with a threaded length adjustment device for a particularly gentle and secure fit.

Conclusion on the genuine versions:

So strictly speaking

1. Natulius 5711-1A with blue dial should be SS and have the SS bracelet

2. The Natulius 5711J Silver, 5711R Black and 5711G Grey dial ones should be in gold and have leather bracelets

3. However the White Gold 3711G version from 2004 to 2006 has a gray white gold bracelet Link: http://watch-fever.blogspot.com/2010/05/patek-philippe-37111a-wg-nautilus.html

Note: there is also a current and previous smaller diameter Patek Philippe Nautilus and ladies versions but we will not discuss those here

22364w.jpg

The Nautilus History in brief:

Key dates

1976 3700/1A Presentation of first Nautilus, nicknamed “Jumbo”, production discontinued 1990

1981 3800/1A Launch of medium model, production discontinued 2006

1981 4700/1A Launch of ladies’ model, production discontinued 2006

1998 3710/1A Relaunch of large “Jumbo” model with winding zone indicator IZR, production discontinued 2006

2004 3711/1A Launch of large model in white gold, + White Gold bracelet production discontinued 2006

2006 Launch of new NAUTILUS collection

Evolution of the new Nautilus 2006 collection

1. Case shape, rounded hinges

2. Sapphire-crystal caseback for all models of the collection

3. The shape of the hour markers matches contour of octagonal bezel at every position

4. Larger hands

5. Bracelet proportions slightly changed and connection improved

6. Models in gold with leather straps

7. First rose gold model in the Nautilus collection

8. New case design (three parts instead of two) with back and screw-down crown

9. New three-part fold-over clasp and double safety feature for leather straps

10. New case dimensions:New “Jumbo” size: 43 mm (original “Jumbo” size: 42 mm)

Technical data: Nautilus Ref. 5711/1A Steel

Movement Caliber 315 SC

Self-winding mechanical movement

Diameter: 27 mm

Height: 3.22 mm

Number of parts: 213

Number of jewels: 29

Power reserve: Min. 38 hours, max. 48 hours

Winding rotor: central rotor in 21K gold, unidirectional winding

Balance spring: Flat

Functions: Winding crown with three positions:

– Pushed in: To wind the movement

– Pulled halfway out: To correct the date

– Pulled out: To set the time

Displays:

– Hours, minutes, and sweep seconds

– Date aperture at 3 o'clock

Features:

Case: Three-part case (back, caseband, bezel)

Stainless steel, sapphire-crystal caseback, water-resistant screwdown crown

Bezel with vertical satin finish water-resistant to 120 meters

Case dimensions: 3 to 9 o’clock: 43 mm (including hinges)

3 to 9 o’clock including crown: 44.02 mm

6 to 12 o’clock: 38 mm (bezel)

2 to 8 o’clock: 40 mm

Height: 8.30 mm

Dial: Gradation from dark blue in the middle to black at the periphery, horizontal embossed pattern

12 applied baton hour markers in 18K white gold with luminous coating

Baton-style hour and minute hands in 18K white gold with luminous coating

Seconds hand in white gold

Bracelet: Stainless steel, middle links polished, outer links satin-finished, stainless steel fold-over clasp

Links:

http://patek.watchprosite.com/?show=forumpost&fi=11&pi=3880411&ti=619551&s=0

http://www.connectingwatches.com/forums/fs:-patek-philippe----50275.html

http://patek.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-11/pi-1945306/ti-297220/s-0/

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=315206&rid=0

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Patek-Philippe/Nautilus-Watches/5711/1A-c14272-watch.aspx

http://patek.watchprosite.com/?show=nblog.post&ti=557496&fi=112&s=0

http://patek.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-11/pi-2623981/ti-437296/s-0/

http://www.connectingwatches.com/forums/fs:-patek-philippe-g-a-g-r-j-50173.html

B. THE 5711 1:1 REPLICAS:

replicag.jpg

THE 1:1 version is the best replica of the NAUTILUS :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Conclusions:

1. The Blue dial 5711 Replica version with SS bracelet is closest to the original :thumbsupsmileyanim:

2. The hours markers follow he dial like on the genuine. The shape of the hour markers matches contour of octagonal bezel at every position :thumbsupsmileyanim: (The position or length of the hour markers at 6 and 12 O'Clock on Replica are maybe not identical to most pictures of the newest version of the original) :pardon:

3. The "gold" Replica versions i.e. those with silver, black or gray dial 1:1 versions should all have leather straps. also they should have gold stamps on the back that are missing on these 1:1 replicas :drinks:

4. Rotor on Replica is very very nice and a huge improvement but PATEK logo is not engraved but is a stick on :drinks:

5. Dimensions, Screw in crown, crystal, caseback, links on bracelet, hands etc. are close enough to the genuine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

6. The SS bracelet is of sufficiently quality but not quite 1:1 with the original (engraved logo on clasp is inferior and the extra holes in the replica bracelett is a negative). This could easily be improved? :pardon:

7. I have not inspected the straps so not sure on that.

8. Movement on replica is SWISS. The Sellita SW200 works excellent and nice super smooth 28.800 sweep (but obviously the genuine movement is a masterpiece and can not be replicated) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

9. The replica is of a high quality product and QC seems better than on most replicas :thumbsupsmileyanim:

10 Position of date window is correct :thumbsupsmileyanim: and font and size of date is acceptable :thumbsupsmileyanim:

11. The hour markers follow the case shape in the same way as the original :thumbsupsmileyanim:

12. Lume is on hands and hour markers but is replica style and weak :victory:

To sum it up this is an excellent replica in most ways and I will use this watch as often as I can :thumbsupsmileyanim: (Even if the SS bracelett could be improved, and also an engraved insignia rater than stick-on to the gold rotor would be better. Also there is the question of the position of the hour markers at 12 and 6 O'Clock but some genuines seem to be exactly like the replica in this respect)

C. My 5711G Replica from MARY

MY REPLICA of the 5711G (or actually it is more like the 3711/1G?)

gransnautilus2.jpg

gransnautilus1.jpg

D. THE GENUINE 5711G

yesgreygenuinemustuse.jpg

E. More details on genuine Nautilus versions 5711-1, 5711G

genuinenautilus.jpg

Note more details later :whistling:

Note: The NAUTILUS 3711/1G produced only from 2004 to 2006 was in white gold with white gold bracelett.

Ref 3711/1A White Gold Nautilus. The Last one is very very rare, believe there is less than 100o pieces ever made.This combination is not available on the current 5711 series. Notice that the hour markers differ from current 5711 version

market_image.2138563.jpg

Some links to the replica here on RWG:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great you got your watch Zeleni Kukuruz :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have tried to update the Review so please read it again also anyone might add additional useful information in this thread...too much information on this NAUTILUS really.. so many versions 3700, 3800, 3711 and now the new 5711..also there are medim sized ones and the ladies versions....maybe even a quartz :bangin:

:bangin:This is interesting the NAUTILUS 1:1 bracelett has been modelled on the genuine LADIES version of the patek!!!!! :bangin:

Notice extra hole in SS bracelet on all of these!!!

Genuine Ladies NAUTILUS

The Ladies’ Automatic Nautilus in steel with diamond bezel, Ref. 7008/1, is a highly attractive, sportive and exclusive watch The dial is made from mother-of-pearl, the watch’s diameter is 33.6 mm.

un1_image.2247773.jpg

un1_image.2247768.jpg

http://mob.watchprosite.com/img/watchprosite/patek/88/raw/patek_image.2256488.jpg

Another great review from Gran. Many thanks!!

My impression of this rep is that it looks good on the wrist, but not off it. That is a shame as I certainly know people who would like to see mine up close.

What they need to do, is some good engraving. Most punters will note those and not really know the difference to an ETA. Look at the picture of the Gen and the engravings are what is noticeable on the movement.

A puny sticker on the rotor really lets the watch down.

Also, hallmarking. The rep makers are getting better at that, and here it would be very relevant.

For now I will stick to my MBW version. I know noone who would know the placement of the date window, but they could tell that the Cartel movement is not up to PP standards in terms of finish.

Edited by mbjoer

Another great review from Gran. Many thanks!!

My impression of this rep is that it looks good on the wrist, but not off it. That is a shame as I certainly know people who would like to see mine up close.

What they need to do, is some good engraving. Most punters will note those and not really know the difference to an ETA. Look at the picture of the Gen and the engravings are what is noticeable on the movement.

A puny sticker on the rotor really lets the watch down.

Also, hallmarking. The rep makers are getting better at that, and here it would be very relevant.

For now I will stick to my MBW version. I know noone who would know the placement of the date window, but they could tell that the Cartel movement is not up to PP standards in terms of finish.

well I agree with all your points but not sure if its too much praise of the MBW version from you. Engraved rotor and movement would have been so much better but I do not know who could do that for cheap?.

This is a great watch on its own and I am sure the MBW version is too (Maybe the bracelett is better on the MBW mbjoer? not sure if the finish of the watch head itself can be inferior to the MBW)

Even so the correct date window placement (and even the rotor is a big step forward)....and as you say this one looks very accurate when on the wrist and that is not too bad.

But yes in the end its just a replica :drinks:

If one was to mod this watch to perfection I guess the best is to put on a closed caseback and change the hour markes to style prior to 2006 and get new end links to the bracelett.. now then it would be a perfect replica of the pre 2006 version??? or what??

Excellent review!

It is nice to see good reviews of some unusual watches. :)

Agree that the stick-on logo on the rotor is the "cheapest" part of the watch.. There are so many nicely engraved 7750-rotors, and even the 2836-powered TAG Carreras with glass casebacks have engraved rotors..

Update on the 1:1 replicas

Link:

It seems the 1:1 red gold NAUTILUS version from Joshua has the gold stamps on the back of the case as on the genuine and differ from those mentioned in my review in this respect