When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Group Buy, El Closes The Gap.....!

Richard Tracy

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I am going to list the previous members who posted their confirmation.

6. Chronus

7. Mystix

8. Dluddy

9. Astig

10. Sam_tgg

11. Dutchy

12. Ck986

13. Kdo2milger

14. Hari Shelden

15. DaveTheCat

16. Linkukbora

17. Millwright

18. Turkey

19. Oirogers

Only a few more slots to fill.... ^_^

Hi,

Regarding the chipped dial issue, below is an e-mail from King....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

kevin:

hi,oh,you already know this problem.frist time i take out 10pcs have 3pcs dial have

problem.:)

don't worry i send out any one all check it .you can trust me :)

anyting mail to me

regards

Connie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you have not dealt with King, She is a Lady of her word ! ^_^

sorry Richard, sorry friends

i am out :wounded1:

on last group buy has finepics received my watch and send it from UK to me in germany. So no customs risk. But a directly shipment from china to germany is to much risk for me. I am a seller of swiss watches and parts and will not any problems with watch industry... also i am under customs observation, because 2 watches held by customs in past :angry:

I mean that if customs is looking over you, may be they can send it to me, and then I can send yours to you, avoiding Customs to watch you...

thank you friend

but i will not make you any trouble... you have risk with your watch... with 2 watches you have MORE risk

:victory:

What payment methods are accepted for this GB?

Also any pics that clearly show the datefont difference? I didn't think it would be a difference but the many gen pics show the 25th in the window in very square almost digital font which does seem strikingly different...

Edited by Devedander

Sorry if I incomodate someone, but I think this issue with the font and the AR coating is a little bit...... you understand me.

First, I know nobody that looks what is really the font of a watch, when is looking a watch, and not looking if the watch is a fake or not.

I see the watch (this concrete) in the shops here in Stuttgart (just two have it), and I NEVER look at the font, becuase what I like is the watch. Even if someone looks at my watch, she/he will never look at the font and say.... "uhm, the correct Ingenieur have a more bold font..." first because is a 5000€ watch, and second because nobody knows the fonts of the 20 different IWC watches (and 200 other different brands...).

And scond. I respect all opinions, but this "180 and I go" "180 but with the new font". I really do not understand you. Since I saw the watch I was thinking (really a lot) of buying this watch. But most dealers have it for 270$ plus shipping (Andrew is my favorite dealer). If I can have it for 210 shipped, I am more than happy!!!!! And revised and coming from a good dealer like King.

What I have to do, in my opinion, is giving thanks to Richard for his work.

I repeat, sorry if someone thinks I am rude, and I understand that everyone have their expectations, but buying a 95% (OK lets say 90%) IWC Ingenieur, with a reliable swiss movement, for 210 when the original cost more than 5000 it is within my expectations.

My 2cents!!!

Sorry if I incomodate someone, but I think this issue with the font and the AR coating is a little bit...... you understand me.

First, I know nobody that looks what is really the font of a watch, when is looking a watch, and not looking if the watch is a fake or not.

I see the watch (this concrete) in the shops here in Stuttgart (just two have it), and I NEVER look at the font, becuase what I like is the watch. Even if someone looks at my watch, she/he will never look at the font and say.... "uhm, the correct Ingenieur have a more bold font..." first because is a 5000€ watch, and second because nobody knows the fonts of the 20 different IWC watches (and 200 other different brands...).

And scond. I respect all opinions, but this "180 and I go" "180 but with the new font". I really do not understand you. Since I saw the watch I was thinking (really a lot) of buying this watch. But most dealers have it for 270$ plus shipping (Andrew is my favorite dealer). If I can have it for 210 shipped, I am more than happy!!!!! And revised and coming from a good dealer like King.

What I have to do, in my opinion, is giving thanks to Richard for his work.

I repeat, sorry if someone thinks I am rude, and I understand that everyone have their expectations, but buying a 95% (OK lets say 90%) IWC Ingenieur, with a reliable swiss movement, for 210 when the original cost more than 5000 it is within my expectations.

My 2cents!!!

Well said.

I can only speak for me and so I will tell you, why I'd like to get the watch as accurate as possible:

the Ingenieur we're talking about is unbelievable well repped. All reviews show great watches....check this high-quality dial, which is repped perfectly, the workmanship of the hands, of the case and the bracelet - it's just a stunning watch.

This wonderful rep could become the most accurate Rep available, if the manufacturers would insist of receiving only the correct date-wheels and the correct hands (here, the length is the problem at the moment).

The demand of this stunning watch is that big, that the manufacturer refuses to change anything until he has sold as many watches as possible. That's the problem.

We could easily get real "perfection", but we seem to be pleased with 90%.

This is disturbing me....and keeps me away from buying for example this great watch.

If we all would say: we will only buy this watch if you (the manufacturer) will fix the obvious flaws, the Reps wouldn't become more expensive but we all would be almost 100% pleased.

I think collecting Reps is a great hobby and I'm still in the beginning of it. In the last few months, I've learned so much about watches, that I have to take the chance now and have to say:

Thank you all!!!

I really like being here and reading news, reviews, etc.

This community is just great and so are the dealers who offer us the best available Reps. Thank you!

I'm still hoping that there is a chance to get the improved Ingenieur with correct date-font and correct length of hands. Maybe as a special surprise they could give the sapphire an AR-coating. Would be a nice christmas-present. :)

Edited by Uhrenfreund25

I totally see the points you are making and I know "wrong date font" is considered anal retentive even amongst some of the ranks here and it offends some people that the joy of replicas for some is actually tricking people into thinking it's real instead of enjoying a quality time piece.

But from my point of view it's more like this:

Even though the gens are MUCH more than the reps, I find $200+ a fair chunk of change (no not enough that I shoudln't be spending it, but enough that I like to make sure it's well spent) and when I buy something for that much money I do like to consider all the issues carefully.

For me I am interested in reps because I do like the way they look and I like that they are good time pieces, but I also don't want to have something that attracts attention to it's "fakeness".

A little difference in date font is no big deal, but the 25 on the gen literally looks almost digital whereas the rep is VERY different. If all the 2's are that far off it will be a lot of days out of the month that a significant difference is on a major part of the watch.

It's not a crown guard that you would have to look for, it's not pin instead of a screw in a bracelet that you wouldn't see unless you had reason to check... it's a major, functional part of the watch... there are 2 pieces of info the watch provides: Date and Time. I think it's reasonable to assume that if ANY minor error is going to be detected, it's going to be a really off date font.

It's not only a major portion of the info displayed, it's also actual writing, something humans are much better at picking up on than things like relative size and shape.

Slightly short hands, a little fatter than normal, deeper rehaut... might look a little off to some, but change actual writing and the difference becomes much more noticeable.

I showed my fake breitling to a friend and a picture of the real deal on the internet... of all the totally off things to spot, you know what he spotted? The 1 on your watch doesn't have the same little tails the one on the real one does... he is not a watch conisuor and never saw a breit in his life, but what he spotted was an incorrect font issue (this was on the face and not a date font but still).

I showed my cheapo breitilng to a friend and a picture of a real one

I honestly don't have a problem with people who want to convince others they are wearing a real Rolex for clout... if you are ok with being that kind of person, then hey whatever.

But for me it's not so much that I want to fool people, but rather that I don't want to stick out as a fake.

For instance I would like a Porsche 911... both because it's a hot car and because it drives nicely... if you offered me a decent replica that drove pretty well and looked a lot like a Porsche but maybe the wheel wells were a little to deep and the door handle should face back instead of down, I would be fine with it.

But offer me a more accurate replica but that has a Ford emblem emobossed on the trunk and I am sorry I just can't do it...

In the former case I would have no problem telling everyone it's a replica, but it still looks nice and drives nice. But in the latter I would not be ready to deal with people saying "Dude, your cheap ass fake has a ford sticker on it".

I am not one to lie about wearing a rep, but I don't want to advertise it to someone who might spot something obvious like a very round date font on a watch which should have a bold square font.

On a chrono like the navitimer I wouldn't think as much about it as it might be lost more in the business of the dial, but on a simple face that only tells 2 things, date and time, getting the writing that tells the date wrong is coniderably more of an issue.

Edited by Devedander

I understand you, but I don´t think it would happend. It is not normal that they (manufacturers) make some improvements in a brand that is not as hot as others (Panerai) or wellknown (Omega, Rolex). IWC is more or less and strange brand for most people. So I don´t think they will expend the money and the time, to introduce improvements just for 20? - 30 maximal? people that would like to see them. I hope you are right and you find what you are looking for, but, what I have read in the forums, it is that, if they make some improvements, they make some new flaws (for example, the Omega 007).

What payment methods are accepted for this GB?

Also any pics that clearly show the datefont difference? I didn't think it would be a difference but the many gen pics show the 25th in the window in very square almost digital font which does seem strikingly different...

Paypal and all the others ... -_-