When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day-Date Redux

Thanks, gang smile.gif

Both DD's have 1556 movements in them, but the white dial's movement has a 1570 signed auto module. I just rebuilt that auto module as well; wobbly rotor was causing all sorts of ruckus while pivoting. Lots of end shake.

The white dial DD is a nice match to my 16520; the finish of the dial is akin to a powder white in terms of tone and texture on the surface. It wears nicely; just enough presence without being too ostentatious.

Mrs. Ubi is already eyeing it...

Thanks, fellas :)

Well, you guys are correct- I do at times end up building duplicates of certain projects. When I am procurring parts for an initial project, I oft times end up buying two or three of the same parts when the situation presents itself (i.e. dials, movements, etc). With my luck, I'll spend weeks or months looking for a specific part; as soon as I find it and buy it two or three more of the same item will turn up right away (never fails). So, I'll double down on these items as I usually like my options open, and I'm inclined to grab a back up of an item just to be safe; one never knows what to expect with items lost or damaged in transit, or when a spare might come in handy. In those situations where I have enough parts accumulated/left over to build a second or third complete watch, I'll put 'em together.

Kind of a ridiculous approach to building... And not the most economical method. But there's not a lot in this hobby that's really 'economical' when you get right down to it...

:)

Great to see Day-Dates, I m a little further behind in the glamour stakes not to mention the skill level :)

post-9707-0-44120600-1309771535.jpg

I may also go the gen case route, perhaps a 1603 but I think I would miss the fatter bezel.

Ubi, is the white dial from a pie-pan model ?