When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Franken On The Bay

the collector

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll chime in the discussion if you allow. Just one thing made me think of something. He is using an open ID auction now, when previously it was private ID. You know what it makes me think - he wanted to create a sense of comfort in people who would be willing to pay $5-6K for it. For that he ran couple auctions, did the shill-bidding (I think, Randy, you were right here). Then it would look like two items went for $8K. It might've moved some potential buyer to spent money on his stuff. Now it is an open ID auction, with legitimate buyer bidding ~$4k. I am not saying that buyer wouldn't get the watch, but only that previous auctions were possibly the best example of good marketing at a cost of??? may be $10 per commercial :)

One correction: If we are talking about the seller flu-watches, all of his auctions have been open, not private. Another board member contacted him to ask what's up, and he said the the previous buyer thought he was buying a genuine watch. (This is a believable explanation).

If you look at his current listing, he has modified the description to make it very clear that the watch is a Franken...this further supports his explanation.

Now, this does call for a reassessment of the value of these frankens...

Now, this does call for a reassessment of the value of these frankens...

...I now estimate that this will close somewhere squarely in between my original projections and Ubi's original projections :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The current high bidder on this watch, hebe75, is obviously actively building Daytona reps! Looking at his recent feedback, we see that he's bought 3 Tropic 21's, two train wheel bridges, a Paul Neman dial, a v72 movt, a Wittnauer v72 case (?), a Daytona case kit, and a few purchases from jdm_k20, who we all know sells Daytona stuff. Hebe75 is in France. Having spent over 2k in the last couple of months, it's plain to see that he's pretty serious about this pursuit- the fabrication of Franken-tonas.