When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can i trust this site?

dr_kanyl

Hello all.

Im interested in buying a Breitling replica.

I have looked at swr000588 on the site swss.cc

This is exactly what im looking for.

Does anyone know if i can trust this dealer? Or do you have any tips of a dealer selling this watch?

I can pay up to 1000$ if its really good quality.

Please help me.

• Like 1

Hello all.

Im interested in buying a Breitling replica.

I have looked at swr000588 on the site swss.cc

This is exactly what im looking for.

Does anyone know if i can trust this dealer? Or do you have any tips of a dealer selling this watch?

I can pay up to 1000$ if its really good quality.

Please help me.

Hi, use the trusted dealers on this forum for your rep. buys Trusted Dealers

If none of the dealers here carry what you want, you can always send them an email and ask if they can source it for you.

Welcome to the board.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, not to take anything away from the trusted dealers on this site as I am sure they are truly great, but I have used swss.cc for two purchases (PAM 090 and PAM 088). They sent me QC photos and the price included rep box and papers along with an additional rubber strap and screwdriver. Granted i used them prior to finding this forum and finding out about trusted dealers.

after reviewing the same products with trusted dealers, i see that swss.cc does charge much more than they should. But i guess it is what it is. Both watches are great though and have been running without service for over 1 year.

cheers and best of luck

- Ruski91

Honestly, to give a balanced view, trusted dealers are not always problem free, and for dealers not on the TD list, it does not automatically mean that they are scammers.

For those already in RWG, and without a dealer they work with regularly, the TD list is a good place to start, definitely. Just be prepared for the occasional hitches that arise from time to time, no matter who you purchase from.

Swss.cc and all of its sister sites sell the same watches as the td's but they charge 2x sometimes 3x the price.

entirely possible. The one thing I trust entirely about the TDs listed here is that the pricing is fair.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate everyone saying "stick to the TD's" but, frankly, half of them are either down due to litigation or don't actually have the watches they advertize in stock (just checked this with one of your "Trusted Dealers" - I could have paid for the watch , it would have allowed me to do that, but on further investigation, turns out they have none.   Only about three of your TD's actually have sites which are running and out of those three, none do the watches I'm searching for, all just do bog standard replicas.

I'm no fan of James and his inexorable pushing of the two sites he's either linked with or paid by (!), but to be honest, it's exactly the same here!  You trash all the others, and point people to your own five dealers - at least three of whom are no longer operational!  

Great.

• 4 months later...

Select the specific store that can give us the most benefits when it comes to affordability, shopping conditions, including shipping and delivery.

There is no one answer other than using one of the trusted dealers. Where you live can impact delivery times, and the watch you want can eliminate some dealers. Not to mention, everyone has their favorite dealer, so it's a little like asking which car you should buy. Searching the forum would tell you that.

And while you are looking around, take the spam link out of your signature. It's bad form.

As for the claims of sites not working, well, guess what? Domain names get seized occasionally, More so lately, as it seems the US government is stepping up enforcement. Sometimes you have to search the forum to find the new address. You'll also find by searching which watches have been discontinued, are hard to find, and/or what dealer might have them in stock.

Personally I don't see a lot of trashing of dealers that aren't trusted on at least one of the rep message boards. The only time you see that is when transactions go bad. When people say stick to the trusted dealers it's because of one of the board's policies. If you go someplace else, the board's Admins and moderators will not help you resolve any issues if they come up. If you buy from a trusted dealer they will help if you can't resolve the issue directly. It's a little bit of extra insurance that you can get a good quality watch for your money.

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate everyone saying "stick to the TD's" but, frankly, half of them are either down due to litigation or don't actually have the watches they advertize in stock (just checked this with one of your "Trusted Dealers" - I could have paid for the watch , it would have allowed me to do that, but on further investigation, turns out they have none.   Only about three of your TD's actually have sites which are running and out of those three, none do the watches I'm searching for, all just do bog standard replicas.

I'm no fan of James and his inexorable pushing of the two sites he's either linked with or paid by (!), but to be honest, it's exactly the same here!  You trash all the others, and point people to your own five dealers - at least three of whom are no longer operational!  

Great.

Whilst I understand your frustration you have to understand the bigger picture.

The dealers have a website (or two) and that website has a link to it, the URL.

The gen manufacturers get these links to the sites blocked all the time (as much as three times a year), but it is JUST the link that is "taken down". The website is still alive (and even if it's not it can be restored from a backup in half an hour), they just need a new URL to point to the website so people can access it again.

So the dealers and their websites are still there, just they are forced to create a new link every now and then. This is why a few of them have the year in their link.

As to "stock levels", well, basically NO dealers actually carry any stock. (* There are a couple who do, and they advertise the actual stock they have - which is usually very limited and runs to their own taste in watches)

The dealers are essentially a one ~ three person operation. When an order comes in someone either goes down to the watch market area and hunts for what you want OR they get in touch with the factories directly and ask them if they have any stock of that particular watch.

There is no fancy stock taking mechanism, so they don't really know if they can get it. All they can do is a best guess, they found one last time so they'll say "yes", or they haven't been able to find one for a few months so they say "no".

And of course the factories will only make what they can sell, which are the popular watches.

Of course of you go to the watch market area you can most likely find anything you want, BUT 99% of what you can find is very poor quality. The good stuff is hidden out of site and you need to know where to look or know the shop owners to even get to see the good stuff.

This is where the dealers come in - they DO know where to look and who to ask to get the best reps, and they do.

So always ask if they have got it in stock, and get an agreement about how YOU want to proceed if it is NOT available, either another watch or a refund, and as to the URLs being clobbered every now and then, yes, it's annoying, I'm in the process of making a tool that will list all the correct links to help people. Just ask in these forums if you have any doubt about a link that you have, or if you cannot find it altogether.

I sometimes wonder why guys go to the trouble of answering questions like these.

The OP asks a question, people try to help him out so he won't get screwed over, and not even the courtesy of a "thanks."

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same. This must be indeed "the friendliest forum on the net".

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought 4 watches from this site. The service is excellent, all watches arrived damage free within 10 days or so to the UK. The quality is generally very good, but with all reps, you will find faults if you look hard enough.

All are still working. Recommended.

Let me ask you this: How did we build up a trusted dealer network? By recommendations and consistent service. I'm not saying that other sites should be considered, I'm only giving an account of my own experiences. There seems to be a lot of sanctimony when people buy from non-trusted dealers.