When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

im just a girl...

Hello everyone. I am looking around the forums and it is seriously intimidating. You all really know your stuff. I'm hoping to learn along the way. I came here because I want to buy a watch but my fear isn't getting ripped off (well it is that too) but it's also as much about not getting poor quality. I bought my brother a masterpiece about 5 years ago for about $1050 dollars. It was great and he wore it everyday until it was stolen. I'm looking to replace it with the best replica I can find. Hoping to get to know some of you on this exciting new discovery and hopefully my new hobby. I do see a lot of "drinks" in the posts, which sounds like fun! Haha

Welcome to the forum. My first advice - your brother can wait. It is time for you to get a new watch and I suspect there are plenty of folks ready and willing to help. :D Seriously, to the extent you have been interested in the current high fashion watches there are some really great reps.

Hello Melissa, and welcome. You'll find that these (cough) gentlemen will flock around you like moths to a light bulb, not unlike a girl showing up at a geek symposium. Not to draw an unfair correlation or anything... :whistling: But you ARE as rare here as a Rolex 1036 24-hour GMT wheel (freddy will like that).

First and foremost, read. Read A LOT. There is a ton to learn here, and we focus on information. We out scammers, support the good guys, and pick designs, flaws and improvements to death. And we do it with mutual respect. So you'll have loads of fun.

Then once you've identified who the good sellers are and what good models they offer, load up your checkbook and go big. And be sure to post photos and your impressions of the pieces when they arrive.

Welcome aboard!

Oh boy.........you have a big shoes to fill! Search Victoria...........

and Oh, welcome! Please don't let our appreciation of the female body stop you, Ok? Guys who loves watches are hornier than most :thumbsupsmileyanim: !

Welcome to the forum fellow Angeleno! There's tons of incredible information to be found here and even better, there is a huge amount of very helpful folks so don't hesitate to ask questions around here.

I've spent the last couple hours reading through the site. I am beyond impressed..I assumed I would get pointed to some reputable sellers. What I didnt know was I would find an amazing group of passionate people that take this very seriously. So many of you build and modify your watches...I am dumbfounded. I had no idea about any of the terms or many descriptions I was reading, but kept reading because it was fascinating!!

Like I mentioned before..My brothers watch which was/is a replica of Rolex Masterpiece and was amazing (to the amateur eye I now see)I really want to replace that watch with the same model replica. But now I am thinking that after I buy a replacement I can give this watch to one of you guys for parts. It still runs beautifully. but the screw/crown fell out and it lost 2 links on the band and now it is falling apart.

I also bought him a yellow gold yachtmaster. both of these watches were over $1000 each when I bought them.

ok boys...I'm going to go back to reading. xo

Uh ohhhhhhhhhhh. Over $1,000 for reps? :black_eye:

I feel The Moment coming ... The Moment when you realize what you were charged for what you got. Doubtless, a "Swiss AAA+ Quality" whatsits. My condolences, I'm sorry for your loss.

Keep reading, you'll find you can get a truly awesome arsenal of watches for that amount.

I also bought him a yellow gold yachtmaster. both of these watches were over $1000 each when I bought them.

I am 43 years old and it's the first time I regret never having had a sister :) (or any other sibling that would spend that kind of cash on me).

Your brother should feel pretty lucky

PS: Did I mention that I am up for adoption?

Oh no....

Well I will try to avoid the regret and chalk it up to dealer mark up. Let's face it...my handbags are just bits of leather sewn together, no reason they should cost nearly as much as they do.

I saw some "Rolex Masterpieces" on a couple dealer pages that someone guided me to from these forums (thank you darlin') but I thought that at such a low low price ($300) it couldn't possibly be the same quality.

Yes, this is going to be quite a learning experience. Xo