When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black & White

lantis

I have only discovered this section in our forums :)

Previous hobby that's been stopped because my other half is getting really jealous with it :unsure: I've tried all sorts of photography but have never tried model photography. Did some experiments with friends, bought a load of equipment (strobes, light modifiers, triggers) and after 5-6 photoshoots got the hang of it. This one is my last though:

img9409editeditedit.jpgimg9320editedit.jpgimg9381editedit.jpgimg9467edit.jpgimg9496editedit.jpg

Maybe after sometime I'll get back into it after this rep craziness in me-- photography has been a hobby that I keep coming back into :D

Guest ThePhilosopher

I love the styling and overall look to these; however, they all seem to be a touch too hot in the brightest highlights. In the third image the stray hair at the back of her head is distracting. In the fourth image the hair/dirt on the coat is distracting (near your watermark) as well as the (un)folding of the coat near her breast. Keep 'em coming -that's the worst I could do and that's being nitpicky. :drinks:

I love the styling and overall look to these; however, they all seem to be a touch too hot in the brightest highlights. In the third image the stray hair at the back of her head is distracting. In the fourth image the hair/dirt on the coat is distracting (near your watermark) as well as the (un)folding of the coat near her breast. Keep 'em coming -that's the worst I could do and that's being nitpicky. :drinks:

Thanks! I enjoy these nitpicky critiques when I was frequenting MM forums :rolleyes: There's still some improvements to do which a hobbyist photographer like me only realizes after the shoot, like introducing a hairlight for more separation. In photography I always believe in learning by experience.

I may have a problem with distinguishing too hot a highlight-- I intentionally want them bright, but not too bright. I calibrated my monitor with Spyder, I may have problems with my eyes :black_eye:

What hair?:rolleyes: ....and I'm not distracted by....."as well as the (un)folding of the coat near her breast.". I think it has to be pulled up slightly to focus one's eyes to the curvature of the lines and bring it into the proper perspective...........:pardon:

No wonder the missus was getting jealous! Mine would too :p

hahaha :) she was ok with the other ladies but this girl takes the cake-- wifey is a bit insecure with her boobies :whistling:

What hair?:rolleyes: ....and I'm not distracted by....."as well as the (un)folding of the coat near her breast.". I think it has to be pulled up slightly to focus one's eyes to the curvature of the lines and bring it into the proper perspective...........:pardon:

true, true! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Well Hike, you missed THAT shot, ImageShack was quick on removing it.

• 1 year later...