When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A year in the making; Project 1665

You know how there are times when you just know things are destined to go a specific way? Or you’re certain that some things are just meant to be?

Well… This happens to be just such an occasion.

While there are several people out there that I know would have given this watch a good home, there was one in particular that I knew just had to be. When one has the kind of passion and drive to not lose sight or focus of a goal for several years, well, that my friends is just solid, determined commitment. And it is for that reason that I knew that the 1665 would be going to a good home, and a very deserving one at that.

w0lf has helped me in more ways than one, and several times over on a few of my projects. What’s more, like many here on RWG, he has become a great friend and that is something that I hold far more dear than anything else.

Thanks for allowing me the honor ^_^

Cheers and best,

R

:notworthy:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been watching from the beginning, I expected good but this is amazing. Is the Phong that much better than the Yuki to justify the cost?

I "think" the Yuki was designed to take only ETA movt., but the Phong was adapted for the bigger 1570.

I'm not sure though, some guru on the forums can confirm.. :)

Awesome build no doubt!

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What a beauty !!!

Lacking the  knowledge, skill, patience and perseverance that take to build a watch like this, I feel simply overwhelmed by it. If I had to chose between a brand new SD and yours, I wouldn't hesitate for a second taking your creation.

Cheers to you and and be sure we'll be waiting for more of this great work.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...