When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime Don`t Buy In This Site

RYM

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Pam312 from PT and it was an amazing good rep as I have the gen. I bought a vintage Pam with Rolex Dial they were selling in the Vintage Rep Rolex Section for $128. Wrote them 6 emails, one every week, politely telling them that the Crown Stem Broke on the 6th day of winding. Not one answer from this Trusted Dealer, so he gets no more of my money.

Was reading how the blame for all this guys problems were being passed onto some poor female member of staff, while he was busy telling jokes on the Forum. I was asked by a Member, a reasonable request, to photo the stem and post the photo here. Problem was that I got fed up with Mr PT, so sent the watch to a Member of this Forum who kindly said that he may be able to fix it and after paying $50 for a new movement that had something wrong with it, I was not going to spend another $50 for yet another movement, so I told my mate who was attempting to fix it, that I was not going to spend $100 in total, for yet another movement. So I said he could keep it, and bought a similar watch from Davidsen and if you happen to drop his watches onto a stone tiled floor, like I did, he will repair the watch for $30 which includes postage, and have it back to you in less than 14 days. That's my 2 cents worth and hope I am not banned for writing the truth about a TD. This does happen on other Rep Watch Forums, and that's why I am only on this Forum. So well done RYM for speaking your mind. Last I looked I was living in a Country were we are supposed to have freedom of speech, hmmmmmmmmmm maybe not. Darn Alzheimer, was it the other country i lived in? or the one before that? I remember. Non of 'em, unless agree with the official line. :-(

I just placed an order with them. Service is slow but I wouldn't go so far to say scam...

Really slow...trying to be patient. Especially reading how some members get their watch in the mail just 3-4 days after paying. It's been a week and a half since I made full payment, and QC pics are still wrong (wrong datewheel color and hour markers are crooked). It bugged me a little bit that they tried to send me pics of the same watch the second QC round, but I'm sure Angus is trying to work things out. Just need to be really patient......

Angus is not only a great dealer but a great guy. You will do better to contact him directly rather than crap his site in open Forum.

If this is directed at me, and I have every right to think that it is. I ask: "How many polite emails do I need to send him using his Sites Review (what ever it is called)? Before I get a reply? Is it 5, 6 7 or 8? I tried to keep it quiet because I know it is unsafe to criticize "Trusted Dealers"! On some sites it's an automatic "Zap" and your gone. You know why? I do. Back to PT. How many times do I need to ask who was the appropriate person to help mediate,as I was getting not even an acknowledgement? Last time I looked around the room, it was still in a free country where we are allowed freedom of speech. Thankful on this Forum you don't get Zapped for trying to tell others of your experiences. I was also reading at the time, that the women at PT were getting the blame for the Sloppiness while our man was busy with his joke a day. After 6 days of wearing the watch, the stem broke and I have Pocket Watches with similar movements that are still going strong after 100 years. I praised him for his great 312 and reported the true facts behind this one. That's no crime. I gave up on him and after wasting another £50 on a new movement I let the guy who had kindly offered his help to fix it, I said he could keep it 'coz I saw one at Davidsen and I know that Davidsen will answer your email within 12 hours, and you will get your watch from Hong Kong to London in less than it takes from Wales to London. 5 days after paying for it you get it. And if something goes wrong, and I have only experienced it once and that was my fault for dropping his watch onto my stone tilled floor. Davidsen had it back, movement replaced and new one was serviced (as always) and it cost me $30 and that included delivery AND it was only without it for 10 day. So I know where I will keep on returning for my Pam's and I think and hope that shearing my experiences may improve my Community. Increasing Davidsens sales is no crime either. I would hate to loose him, and in the mean time, if PT cares, then he should shoulder the blame and not pass it on the his women folk, and I hope he has stopped his joke a day, and answer an email a day. And if I, and the member who started this thread, have stuck our necks out a little, I just hope that our efforts would help PT realise that he is the man, and not his girls and that he tries to be as good as Davidsen. And if PT becomes as good as Davidsen then our Community will just keep on get better. Can't anyone tell that the 1st speaker on this thread was not writing in his native language? so please give him a little leeway. Being multi lingual my self,I know that Speaking a second language is not that difficult, reading more difficult, and in my case, writing is almost an Impossibility.

sorry guy's, an accidental double entry, but since I'm told I must enter a post then I will take the opportunity to say:

I mean no harm to Angus, (I praised him when he sold me the most amazing rep ever, the PAM 312 and criticising him for not answering one polite email a week for 6 weeks before I resorted to tell the Community). To constructively criticize, actual is helpful to an intelligent Trader. Angus is intelligent and I am sure he will learn more by being constructively criticized than he will with a statement that reads to the effect: "Angus is a good guy and anyone who constructively criticizes him, will better watch out".

Angus from Puretime is a trusted dealer since ages in several forums, you should be more careful with these statements..

There are enough complaints over the course of several months to take this complaint seriously. As far as I can tell, Angus has helpers who are not very good at customer service, and they regularly ignore forum members who have purchase issues.

• Like 1

There are enough complaints over the course of several months to take this complaint seriously. As far as I can tell, Angus has helpers who are not very good at customer service, and they regularly ignore forum members who have purchase issues.

I currently have an order with Angus. To give you an idea on how patient i've been, I paid for the order in full two weeks ago. Over this time period, I've had to reject QC pics three times because of wrong datewheel colors and crooked dial/hour markers. It normally takes 2-3 days to get a reply from Angus, so each iteration can be quite frustrating.

I was emailing them all week, but they chose to not reply until the night before China's one-week holiday to send me "updated" QC pics, which were obviously recycled pictures from the first time.

Now, I will have to wait another week due to the holiday before there is any activity from them again. So it will be three weeks in total with still no guarantee that they have the watch as advertised on their website.

Customer service is very polite, but ineffective. Angus is a nice guy, but I wasn't really here to make friends; I just want the right watch shipped ASAP. This was my first transaction with PT, and so far I am far from being impressed. Other dealers would have the watch in my hands within 4-5 days or so. I'm really trying, but my patience is really running thin.

Edited by PPN
  • Like 3

Comparatively priced you should also try FengTony and Polo and TB :) All good guys to deal with as is, in my experience, Angus ...

But we all here have had issues with one dealer or another.... all for many different reasons and sometimes not only because of the seller but also the buyer but thats all part of this great hobby... and although problems and issues do occur the measure of a good dealer is how he responds to that...

I have no problem with any member saying and giving his experience of individual dealers on this forum and indeed thats what we are all here for... to share and enjoy this hobby...

However I do object to seeing this sort of thread being placed in this section.... Angus is not a scammer and it is unfair to paint him as such... now dont get me wrong I aint saying whats happened is right or good service but that doesnt make him a scammer and his reputation and work in this hobby deserves some credit before we cast such a serious criticism at him.. Given also that there are no details or clarification of why they are thieves (again another outrageous statement to make about someone) I think its inappropriate to make such a post and then walk away.... even accepting any language issues... there are ways and means :)

There are plenty of sections where this can be discussed and hopefully resolved and procedures you can follow with the modderation team here also before such a thread is posted in this section...

I suggest you contact the mods if you feel you have exhausted all avenues with Angus and are still not getting anywhere.... or try using his reviews section etc

I know you feel angry and frustrated and I am sure as with all complaints there are 2 sides, again I aint saying you are making this up etc, far from it.... I just feel it aint right to make such a serious statement about a trusted dealer without first following all avenues...or at least justifying your statement to the readers..

Certainly there has been a few comments recently about Nikki etc and you could say indications arent good if founded when compared say to ET etc and what happened there but we are a long way off that point and a dealers capability or rather a lack of it due to individual staff or overall service does not make a dealer a scammer...

I hope it gets resolved soon and wish you luck..

Comparatively priced you should also try FengTony and Polo and TB All good guys to deal with as is, in my experience, Angus ...

But we all here have had issues with one dealer or another.... all for many different reasons and sometimes not only because of the seller but also the buyer but thats all part of this great hobby... and although problems and issues do occur the measure of a good dealer is how he responds to that...

I have no problem with any member saying and giving his experience of individual dealers on this forum and indeed thats what we are all here for... to share and enjoy this hobby...

However I do object to seeing this sort of thread being placed in this section.... Angus is not a scammer and it is unfair to paint him as such... now dont get me wrong I aint saying whats happened is right or good service but that doesnt make him a scammer and his reputation and work in this hobby deserves some credit before we cast such a serious criticism at him.. Given also that there are no details or clarification of why they are thieves (again another outrageous statement to make about someone) I think its inappropriate to make such a post and then walk away.... even accepting any language issues... there are ways and means

There are plenty of sections where this can be discussed and hopefully resolved and procedures you can follow with the modderation team here also before such a thread is posted in this section...

I suggest you contact the mods if you feel you have exhausted all avenues with Angus and are still not getting anywhere.... or try using his reviews section etc

I know you feel angry and frustrated and I am sure as with all complaints there are 2 sides, again I aint saying you are making this up etc, far from it.... I just feel it aint right to make such a serious statement about a trusted dealer without first following all avenues...or at least justifying your statement to the readers..

Certainly there has been a few comments recently about Nikki etc and you could say indications arent good if founded when compared say to ET etc and what happened there but we are a long way off that point and a dealers capability or rather a lack of it due to individual staff or overall service does not make a dealer a scammer...

I hope it gets resolved soon and wish you luck..

+1 from me. Although, like I said before, I certainly needed to extend my patience with Angus a little more than I did for other dealers so far.