When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swedish noob saying hello!

rosamannen

A gen Rolex as a daily beater...not to shabby.

Would love to see your special occasion watch. ;)

Mike

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately this is the only quality watch I own, which is why I use it for all occasions. But the noobmariner will probably be the new beater.

If I get another watch for special occasions, I'm rather inclined towards a gen vintage Omega Seamaster with black leather strap. Or a Sjöö Sandström, which my father and brother both have.

Yesterday I received the QC pictures from Andrew and they certainly look promising. My wife asked me today why I didn't order a rep Datejust Midsize for her instead. :D

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately this is the only quality watch I own, which is why I use it for all occasions. But the noobmariner will probably be the new beater.

If I get another watch for special occasions, I'm rather inclined towards a gen vintage Omega Seamaster with black leather strap. Or a Sjöö Sandström, which my father and brother both have.

Yesterday I received the QC pictures from Andrew and they certainly look promising. My wife asked me today why I didn't order a rep Datejust Midsize for her instead. :D

It's probably a good idea to get your wife DJ.;) let us know when you get your noob...Im sure you will be quite pleased.:)

Mike

I've just noticed that my Sub has been dispatched from sorting center in Guangzhou.

Let's hope it makes a quick journey halfway around the world. :)

And now it's released from customs in Sweden, so it's so close I can almost smell it. :clap2:

How did you get you package so fast? My tracking number hasn´t had an update since it left Guangzhou 1 week ago :(

Also, did you get any updates before it arrived in Sweeden?

Oh, and Welcome from a "neighbor" in Norway :welcomeani::cold:

How did you get you package so fast? My tracking number hasn´t had an update since it left Guangzhou 1 week ago :(

Also, did you get any updates before it arrived in Sweeden?

Oh, and Welcome from a "neighbor" in Norway :welcomeani::cold:

Well, it took about a week for it to show up on the EMS webpage, After that it was very quick.

And thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is definately becoming an addiction. I've just ordered a cheap Datejust for my wife and two ultra cheap subs from Silix...

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol064-p-1982.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol125-p-2043.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol154-p-2072.html

The pearl came off of my black sub, but Andrew has sent a new bezel insert by air mail. At the time being I'm back to using my gen Datejust on a daily basis.

Well, the watches have arrived, and they all look great. The blue sub is almost purple. And to think I was considering modding a sub to get a purple one. This is excellent. :)

And as you can see in the QC pic of all watches together, the datejust is indeed a lady sized one. And I thought I was ordering a midsize. :fool:

Well, the error is certainly on my behalf (although it said 29mm and not 26mm on the website). The wife's in France at the moment, and I just hope she'll like it anyway.

I noticed some differences compared to my black noobmariner, like solid midlinks, less magnification of the cyclops, but tha't just details. At that price, they all look great. :clap2:

And it's a minor issue that the cyclops on the small datejust sits a bit too low, but I'll think about it and see if it's something that's worth talking to Silix about.

Edited by rosamannen