When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Food, what your eating?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

mmmm....Fresh Alaskan Halibut - I had some of that on Friday - but it wasn't as fresh as yours :)

6 hours from swimming to simmering. Deeeeeee-lish! But not quite as fresh as the one that came off the hook, filleted and grilled 5 minutes out of the water, on the deck of the boat.

Lordy lordy lordy that's good cracker.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just marinated some wild Atlantic salmon fillet with my special marinade, bulgogi sauce, sweet n sour tamarind powder and black bean garlic sauce all mixed together.....should be an interesting dinner with some warm sake beer!

Atlantic salmon? *gag*

My friend, the Copper River salmon are in and available now. I know it's expensive, but trust me on this one.

Get a fresh, nicely oily Red or a big fat King, sear it with crushed wasabi peas, and drink an Alaskan Amber with it. You'll think you died and went to, well, Alaska.

• Like 1

Atlantic salmon? *gag*

My friend, the Copper River salmon are in and available now. I know it's expensive, but trust me on this one.

Get a fresh, nicely oily Red or a big fat King, sear it with crushed wasabi peas, and drink an Alaskan Amber with it. You'll think you died and went to, well, Alaska.

I will take a Yukon or Kenai salmon over a copper anyday. Let the yuppies overpay.

Pffffft, the idea is to go get 'em yourself. Fill some coolers with some nice fat Sockeye fillets.

I've eaten waaaaaaay too much salmon, since I learned to walk. I'm sick of it. But a nice Copper Red? Yeah I'm tempted again. 'Specially if it's squaw candy.

Pffffft, the idea is to go get 'em yourself. Fill some coolers with some nice fat Sockeye fillets.

I've eaten waaaaaaay too much salmon, since I learned to walk. I'm sick of it. But a nice Copper Red? Yeah I'm tempted again. 'Specially if it's squaw candy.

Dude, I was there (Anchorage) for 2 weeks '04 and meet a fellow Flip at a local tackle and bait shop to rent some gear without knowing nothing where to go and this fellow offered to take me over the weekend

to the Chunuk'tnu (that's the Russian River for those who don't know) river.......make long story short, it was a blast......and with some scary moments.....last day of our fishing adventure, I had two SIlvers and he had

one king on two plastics bags (just incase the troopers check) and we where still fishing on an embankment when we hear a grunt behind us........brown bear with her cub.....damn....we just jump in the river and run walk

all the way to the middle, I was shaking like I had a severe fever.....they eat our catch and when done they just wander away without even batting an eye on us!

Anyho, by the time I left for home, I had sixty mix of kings/silver and sockeye deep frozen on six big ass boxes. One of the best land fishing trips I've had! 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...