When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver dissambled for bezel repair, scratched bezel

mike00

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice one Mikey, much appreciated- although im having second thoughts about doing it. :g:

Heres my dilema. I ordered a V3 diver from a TD- the guy i always use (who has always been helpful!). The watch arrived & was one of the best ones i have seen! The bezel aligns perfectly, the lume is great! A brill example BUT...it had been damaged in transit- the bezel had a nasty ding in it.

I had 2 options- send back or have a bezel sent so i can repair.

I went for the replacement bezel as i was concerned about sending it back to china i.e. losing it in the post, im having second thoughts now. Although i dont want to sacrific this great example for one with sloppy lume or a mis aligned bezel im concerned i might not be able to take it to bits and fix. Im happy with removing the rear screws & making something to remove the bezel nuts but after that im concerned. I would need to take to a watchsmith to have the crystal swapped into the new bezel and im not confident removing the gaskets & inner bezel. Especially as the new diver has a different rotating system for the inner bezel.....

I think i may now ask the dealer to hang fire with the replacement bezel and send this back......and wait again :unknw:

2012-05-30124459.jpg

2012-05-30085859.jpg

What do you guys think- return or fix??

How much would a watchsmith charge to do this work??

Edited by Greddyl30pjg

Holy crap.....how the hell did it get damaged like that.....did the postman wore it on the way to your house and just toss it on your porch????LOL!

Seriously.....send it back.~

@Mike.....thanks for the tip on the "screw Tip"!

My heart sank when i opened it- i wanted one desperately since last October but i was told to wait for the V3 as it was coming out 'soon'! Here we are over half a year later and i was gutted to see it was damaged.

Ive just mailed the dealer in the hope that he hasnt sent out the bezel yet. i think sending back is probably the better option with my limited knowledge.

I just hope that if i send it back it doesnt get lost in the post, take too long or get swapped for one with bad lume or mis-aligned inner bezel :unknw:

If a watchsmith wouldnt charge much for the work i might look into that as i will have to pay postage anyway to return it & i would avoid the long wait....Its a shame Mikey doesnt live around the corner!

Edited by Greddyl30pjg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...