When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Before I start, just like we enjoy watches and appreciate them like no other, the same appreciation can be transferred to other areas such as fragrances. I happen to love fragrances and this has nothing to do with lack of cleanliness. I mean if you can afford $30 onwards frags, surely you can buy soap also.

Now on to my humble collection

L1020177.jpg

From left to right starting from the top.

Lanvin Sport : Great everyday fragrance. Cheap to get on Ebay. Has a darker citrus vibe but lasts a long time and is not to harsh on the nose.

Guerlain L'Instant: This is a sexy fragrance that has cocoa and citrus as its top notes. It is a romantic scent that can be worn in the evenings or for dates.

Tom Ford Noir de Noir: This is one of high end watches of the fragrance world. It is a dark rose in the midst of dark woody oudh. This is a sexy scent that can only be worn by a few and only for special occasions. Definitely a suit is needed. You need balls to wear this and women absolutely adore this on men.

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather : I managed to get three samples of this special fragrance. 12ML all together. This is a strong leathery scent that dries down more and more softer with a bit of fruits popping out. It is very special and should be worn for special occasions again.

DSquared Potion : Nice fragrance, smells like burnt vanilla with a bit of cinnamon and incense. Great stuff coming from these designers.

Dsquared Silver Wind Wood : Winter fragrance. Incense and sweet.

Dsquared Rocky Mountain Wood : Very very very woody with a bit of pepper.

CK Be : Affordable cologne for a good fresh splash.

Cartier Roadster Sport : Sporty fragrance of course, citrusy with a hint of slight spice

Hermes Eau De Terre : The gods wear this.

Acqua Di Parma Mirto : Stunning spring/summer fragrance. Fruity and light

Al-Rehab Silver : This is basically Creed Silver Mountain Water for a fraction of a fraction of the price.

Before I start, just like we enjoy watches and appreciate them like no other, the same appreciation can be transferred to other areas such as fragrances. I happen to love fragrances and this has nothing to do with lack of cleanliness. I mean if you can afford $30 onwards frags, surely you can buy soap also.

Now on to my humble collection

L1020177.jpg

From left to right starting from the top.

Lanvin Sport : Great everyday fragrance. Cheap to get on Ebay. Has a darker citrus vibe but lasts a long time and is not to harsh on the nose.

Guerlain L'Instant: This is a sexy fragrance that has cocoa and citrus as its top notes. It is a romantic scent that can be worn in the evenings or for dates.

Tom Ford Noir de Noir: This is one of high end watches of the fragrance world. It is a dark rose in the midst of dark woody oudh. This is a sexy scent that can only be worn by a few and only for special occasions. Definitely a suit is needed. You need balls to wear this and women absolutely adore this on men.

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather : I managed to get three samples of this special fragrance. 12ML all together. This is a strong leathery scent that dries down more and more softer with a bit of fruits popping out. It is very special and should be worn for special occasions again.

DSquared Potion : Nice fragrance, smells like burnt vanilla with a bit of cinnamon and incense. Great stuff coming from these designers.

Dsquared Silver Wind Wood : Winter fragrance. Incense and sweet.

Dsquared Rocky Mountain Wood : Very very very woody with a bit of pepper.

CK Be : Affordable cologne for a good fresh splash.

Cartier Roadster Sport : Sporty fragrance of course, citrusy with a hint of slight spice

Hermes Eau De Terre : The gods wear this.

Acqua Di Parma Mirto : Stunning spring/summer fragrance. Fruity and light

Al-Rehab Silver : This is basically Creed Silver Mountain Water for a fraction of a fraction of the price.

Well said Lobster...I could not agree more.

I just orderd a bottle of Terre d' Hermes...the parfume version form Frangancenet.com.

I picked up a sample last month and just love it...I cant think of anything that smells quite like it. The parfum version has this very classy scent..just like the edt...but it last a bit longer and has much better than average projection. Just two sprays...one on the chest...one on the wrist..then touched together. Will last for many hours.

I want to try a sample of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. I hear that it's out of this world..unfortunately.. so Is the price. :(

That is a very nice collection...thanks for sharing. :)

Mike

Would love to see a picture of your collection..260 bottles...now that would be a sight to behold. :)

Im thinking a wide lens would be in order. ;)

Mike

I have three shelves like this one filled in my home office. I also use the makeup table my fiancee has in the bedroom to store my fragrances.

a2ac1f2e.jpg

WOW...very Impressive collection Phil. you are definitely serious about your fragrances. :thumbs:

Mike

I am the same way with watches and clothes. My collection is currently at 200+ pieces, all genuine from vintage to modern pieces. My collection starts with Alpina and ends with Zenith, I also have a few quartz pieces. I especially love vintage pocket watches from American manufacturers. My collection of clothes is similar, my fiancee thinks I have a sickness, which I probably do. However, it's better than spending my money on drugs or something else illegal. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Well said Lobster...I could not agree more.

I just orderd a bottle of Terre d' Hermes...the parfume version form Frangancenet.com.

I picked up a sample last month and just love it...I cant think of anything that smells quite like it. The parfum version has this very classy scent..just like the edt...but it last a bit longer and has much better than average projection. Just two sprays...one on the chest...one on the wrist..then touched together. Will last for many hours.

I want to try a sample of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. I hear that it's out of this world..unfortunately.. so Is the price. :(

That is a very nice collection...thanks for sharing. :)

Mike

The perfume version of Terre (Hermes) is exquisite. This fragrance is just out of this world, well done and good choice :)

I have tried TF Tobacco Vanille but it's probably more vanilla and hardly any tobacco for me personally. I will send you a link to a person on ebay who sells genuine samples of these for better prices of course.

The perfume version of Terre (Hermes) is exquisite. This fragrance is just out of this world, well done and good choice :)

I have tried TF Tobacco Vanille but it's probably more vanilla and hardly any tobacco for me personally. I will send you a link to a person on ebay who sells genuine samples of these for better prices of course.

I love a well done Tabacco scent...that and the smell of a quailty leather/ expresso coffee are probably my favorite scents. Most of the reviews I have seen praise TV.for it's rich Tabacco note. But not all noses are the same..what might smell one way to me could smell much differently to someone else.

Thanks for the link Lobster. :)

Mike

I am the same way with watches and clothes. My collection is currently at 200+ pieces, all genuine from vintage to modern pieces. My collection starts with Alpina and ends with Zenith, I also have a few quartz pieces. I especially love vintage pocket watches from American manufacturers. My collection of clothes is similar, my fiancee thinks I have a sickness, which I probably do. However, it's better than spending my money on drugs or something else illegal. Thanks for the thumbs up!

No problem..would also love to see some of your watch collection when you have the time.:) I cant even wrap my head around a 200 piece watch collection :wacko:

Mike

I used to be like some of you guys, having a ton of different perfumes. But now I only go with one smell, and I feel that is way better. People know me from my smell (I don't exaggerate it, but I have a hint of something, you know) and that's how I want it to be.

I've used many different smells, but somehow, somewhere, some of my friends started copying my perfumes - so we all smellt the same.

Now I use Hugo Boss X Y for a couple of years, and I dig it! I don't tell anyone I know what smell I wear, since I want to keep it for myself.

I used to be like some of you guys, having a ton of different perfumes. But now I only go with one smell, and I feel that is way better. People know me from my smell (I don't exaggerate it, but I have a hint of something, you know) and that's how I want it to be.

I've used many different smells, but somehow, somewhere, some of my friends started copying my perfumes - so we all smellt the same.

Now I use Hugo Boss X Y for a couple of years, and I dig it! I don't tell anyone I know what smell I wear, since I want to keep it for myself.

I haven't run into that problem yet. Most of the people I associate with like the Armani lines that are available everywhere. I tend to favor obscure brands that I know most people won't purchase. I haven't found anyone yet who has worn Le Labo or Kilian. I guess if they start I will need to find new friends. :)

Well Im sorry Fleet...but the partys over for you Im afraid. Im going to tell everyone I know you wear Boss XY.. and now everyone will smell just like you.....evil laugh Insues ...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

post-19368-0-02345800-1324041112.jpg

the blank "tens" digit on the Lange 1...wow...

thought the Breguet, tho, had "3100" and not "315" on the dial...

and that VCO dual time...

The production number appears on the dial and simply denotes the number of watches made for that particular line. Here a movement shot for the Breguet and a close-up of the dial:

DSC_1185.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

Edited by PhilFree