When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Classic Fusion Photoshoot

txcollector

Great shots. And with Jay Z becoming their spokesperson we may just see a few in the real world. But you gotta go with gold. ;) I am actually torn on this one. It is cool but just too reminiscent of the MDM and other older models. By the way, if you are interested there is an article on the founder in the latest Revolution.

Gonna get your double AR treatment? :)

not really needed. The AR is good enough as it is. It doesn't photograph that well but it doesn't bother me either.

But you gotta go with gold.

I stay away from gold reps. The color, weight, etc just creates for too big of a nightmare to deal with.

Who was the dealer?

I bought it from Tony at asian7750 (like most of my watches). But you need to be very specific on the movement (send pics) and make sure they get the correct one.

• Like 1

Hey Watchmeister

That's interesting-- What's behind Jay-Z promoting Hublot? Seems odd after being a spokesman for AP for all these years, especially with the evolution and history of the AP RO and ROO case designs preceding/anticipating Hublot BB? Won't everyone see right through this?

Also trying to figure out what words rhyme with Hublot that Jay-Z would want to use in a song.

(THREAD HIJACK OVER)

Hey Watchmeister

That's interesting-- What's behind Jay-Z promoting Hublot? Seems odd after being a spokesman for AP for all these years, especially with the evolution and history of the AP RO and ROO case designs preceding/anticipating Hublot BB? Won't everyone see right through this?

Also trying to figure out what words rhyme with Hublot that Jay-Z would want to use in a song.

(THREAD HIJACK OVER)

one word: money. Jay-z is a businessman (that's how he got filthy rich). Hublot is all about marketing (not haute horology) and paying for exposure suits their business model. In a sense they complete each other :)

Hey Watchmeister

(THREAD HIJACK OVER)

Just listen to the song Otis from the album watch the throne.

@txcollector, I think you threw me over the edge for one. I really want one just like yours on gummy!

Revolution had an article in their most recent about Jay Z and his watch history. The claim is that Hublot had been pursuing him and Jay Z used that to pass off the spokesperson title at AP to his buddy LeBron. They are partners in a big charity.There is another pic in the watch magazine of him wearing a Richard Mille among others. So I think he bounces around like a number of the ballers to various watches. Usher has been wearing a bunch of different stuff as well. He has been sporting Panerai lately.

Just saw a movie called The Set Up with Bruce Willis and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson and Fiddy was wearing a Hublot Big Bang Chrono (no idea which of the 10,000 variations it was) but it seems as though Hublot is a favorite of the Hip Hop crowd.

I must say though, that watch in your pictures is quite nice!

• 5 months later...
Anyone know if this watch is generally waterproof out of the box? I just want it for shower and light swimming.

If I had to guess I would say no. I don't believe the factory tests for water resistance when building a watch. They might say they do, but that needs to be taken lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks beautiful. I just pulled the trigger on the stainless steel version from Andrew. I'll post pics when I get it. I think its really underrated and for a young guy fresh out of college I think this suits me! I can't wait! When you say water resistant, would you shower with it?

• 3 months later...