When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos or Hublot BB

creep

Hey guys.

I'm having second thoughts about my next purchase. I can't decide between a Cartier Santos 100 with RG bezel ( http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_163&products_id=6917 ) or a Hublot Big Bang RG ( http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_381&products_id=8344 ). I guess the Hublot is a better copy but can't find a review of the Cartier.

Any inputs?

Best regards,

Creep

The Hublot is one of the best OOB reps made today, which should be able to fool most people, basically anyone short of a HB collector or HB AD. The cartier is a nice watch and solid rep, but it probably can't match the same feel and quality of the Hublot. If you like both watches equally, go with the Hublot, otherwise the cartier is a solid choice as well.

A Cartier but not the PVD 100. The Cartier Santos 100 Chronograph XL with the copy 7753 movement (no recessed date wheel) in SS.

TimeShare

First of all, they are too different animals. I personally am not an HBB guy. I would go with what Timeshare said.. "The Cartier Santos 100 Chronograph XL with the copy 7753 movement (no recessed date wheel) in SS" Obviously you have mixed taste which is great. So i would pick the one like a little more first, and then later

get the other... :partytime:

MM

They are completely different watches. You will run into Cartier Santos on a regular basis in urban areas. The gold Hublot is more than twice the price in the real world and very rare on the wrist. Although I too must add i have never seen more than 2 or 3 Gold HBB's and yeah, I assumed they were rep. I have to agree that Hublot is the one brand I assume is rep until proven otherwise.

They are completely different watches. You will run into Cartier Santos on a regular basis in urban areas. The gold Hublot is more than twice the price in the real world and very rare on the wrist. Although I too must add i have never seen more than 2 or 3 Gold HBB's and yeah, I assumed they were rep. I have to agree that Hublot is the one brand I assume is rep until proven otherwise.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Hublot, but I can see how the design might appeal to some people. But I do feel that they are amazingly overpriced, even if you're used to pricing for gens, so I would lean towards thinking it was a rep as well if I saw one in the wild. I guess it's a hard choice, either have something think you're wearing a rep HBB, or even worse, think you're a fool with your money for buying a gen HBB.

• 4 weeks later...